everyone in my family complains :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

everyone in my family complains :(

my Mom complains and my brother complains, I can't stand it.

It's no wonder I moved away after college. Now I'm back, and nothing has changed

Can anyone relate??

I never knew such love of animals until I got Jazzy, and now Sampson... what beautiful creatures we share this planet with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Cat Addict

YES!

I'm a recent college grad and haven't yet purchased my own home. (This will hopefully change in a month or two.) Anyway, I moved back in the area and am not staying with my family, lol.

My parents are too old, I guess. They're pretty set in their ways and are used to me not being around. Though they wouldn't say it, I could always tell that I was getting in the way when I would come home for a weekend or something.

That's why I made the decision to move somewhere else. I figured it'd be better for all of us.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:23 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
Yup! My sister is always complaining. My dad doesnt complain much, actually I dont think he does at all. My mom complains a lotttttt. I'm not sure, but would like blaming everything on somebody else be complaining? lol because shes always doing that. Whatever happens, its my fault. But, I think I'm the biggest complainer in the house

Edit: Oh, but I didnt leave for college
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Cat Addict

My mother-in-law has spent her entire life doing nothing but complaining - I swear! I've only known her for 8 years but that's 8 years too many, in my book. My husband, on the other hand, couldn't be on more of an even keel all the time. I don't know how he turned out so nice with a mother like her.

My MIL is 77 years old and refuses to budge as far as her attitude towards anything and everything. Unfortunately, she only lives a few minutes away from us, my husband is an only child, so we're stuck with her for the time being. It would be kind of cruel to just up and leave her alone in this town since she is my husband's mother and will probably need assisted living care pretty soon.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I feel so guility not talking to my family...but I can't stand them criticizing my life when my life is fine !!!

I rarely talk to my family now.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Cat Addict

My mom is a very noble breed, a classic old-school Minnesotan who believes it could always be worse. Very rarely do I ever hear her complain about anything, because it could always be worse and she counts herself lucky.

It's a little annoying, actually. I'll call her up with lots on my mind, upset about something, and her reply will be "Oh, well. You can deal with it." RAAAR.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Premier Cat

Aphrodeia, maybe it is a Minnesota thing. My mom is so much like that. She is always making comments like, "Oh well, at least we aren't having hurricanes". (in Minnesota...I hope not!! )
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Aphrodeia, maybe it is a Minnesota thing. My mom is so much like that. She is always making comments like, "Oh well, at least we aren't having hurricanes". (in Minnesota...I hope not!! )
I really think it is. It's very Lake Wobegon. During the winters, it was always "Ofer crying out loud, it's only a foot of snow. Not like the Halloween Blizzard of 1991. Get out there and shovel." Or if we had a leak in the basement? "At least we didn't live in Grand Forks in 1997! You betcha!"

... I think I'm channeling my grandmother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page