~Harry Potter Fan Thread~*SPOILER* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Do you like Harry Potter?
Yes. 26 83.87%
No. 2 6.45%
Never heard of him. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
~Harry Potter Fan Thread~*SPOILER*

What is your favorite book? Book 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6? Personally, I like 1-5 (I've never read book six. ). What is your favorite character? What is your opinion on Harry Potter? My favorite characters are all. My opinion is that Harry Potter is a great book. I hope that they make more than 8 books (I read somewhere they were making 8 books) & I hope they make movies for 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ECT. Please no fighting as I've seen some threads there have been some aruguing. I would like to keep this thread unlocked. Also, I haven't seen a thread like this, so if there is a thread like this, I'm sorry for creating another one.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Cat

- My favorite book was 3, followed by 4 and 6 (tie).
- I don't have a particular favorite character.
- The 6th book seemed a little short after the 5th one. I hope the next book is as long as the 5th, or longer.
- I didn't really like the movies.
- Where did you hear there would be 8 books? I think I heard once there was going to be some other book after the 7th, but I think it was something supplemental rather than another novel. That would be nice if there were more than 7 novels though.
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Cat Addict

My favorite is the 6th book, followed by the 5th. I dig angsty!Harry. My favorite character has always been Snape, and continues to be. He's such a rich, complex character. Even if he proves to be utterly evil (no spoilers here please), I will still really enjoy the character in all his depraved complexity.

Based on what JKR has said, there will be seven books, and the last chapter will be a sort of epilogue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Cat

My favorite is Goblet of Fire, Half-Blood Prince is my second favorite, and I guess my third favorite is Order of the Phoenix. I have loved all of the books though.

My favorite character is definitely Severus Snape, both in the book and in the movies. I love the character in the book, and I think Alan Rickman makes a pretty good Snape. His complexity is fascinating, and I can't wait to see how everything turns out in the end. I've been a Snape fan since book one.
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via MSN to tanyuh
Book 3 is my favorite. I like Sirius and Snape equally, and I like Lupin a lot too. I haven't really liked the movies so far because they were so condensed but I agree about Alan Rickman and I love Gary Oldman (who plays Sirius). Book 6 is my second favorite I guess.

"Good Kitty, Samhainy."
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
I think all books are good in their own way. First was great since it was so new and exciting and the rest are good since you learn to know more and more about the characters.

I like all characters - of course Harry, Ron and Hermoine. Harry since he's the hero, Ron because he's the fun side-kick and Hermoine because she's the brains.

Then I like Dumbledore, all wise and nice. And my favorite evil guy is actually Snape, since you don't really know where you have him. He's a great wizard but he has very dark sides and is not very nice with Harry (for obvious reasons).

The thing I'd like to have the most from the books is the talking paintings. I'd love the idea to have someone to talk to if I'm bored.
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:06 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
If you read the books -- it has been apparent since the beginning that there will only be 7. I'm sure JKR will continue writing, but that is probably where she should end this particular series. Not sure where you heard 8.

I like books 3-6 the best. I tell everyone to read 1 and 2 quickly so that they can get to 3 where it really starts to get good. Snape is my favorite character by FAR, followed by Hermione. I dig smart chicks.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Cat

I have only read 1-3 and a bit of 4, but I like 2 the best. Everyone is saying six is the best...

My favourite character, even though he doesn't turn up much is Dobby, I like smeagol from Lord of the Rings also, so don't blame me, I love little ugly creatures LOL.
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I am not sure where I heard there will be 8 books.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Banned

Yes, there are supposed to be 8 books -- one for each year at school.

I enjoyed the one where he meets Sirius (book 4?)...and the last one that was just released, (7) was great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page