Why is it some people always ruin a good thing? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Why is it some people always ruin a good thing?

Uuuggghhh!

Ever since I've become a stay-at-home mom I've gotten hooked on "The Young & The Restless" all over again. It's my one hour of adult TV entertainment and a break from reality with the kids.

Anyway, the kids were taking a nap and I decided to get online on Yahoo! chats to find a chat room that discusses soap operas. I found one. Before I typed anything I thought I would just sit back and read the transcripts of the discussion for a bit. Just as I got logged in someone else asked if there were any "Passions" fans in the room. Someone else told her to shut the f*ck up and said that "Passions" was a sh*tty soap. Then I asked if there were any Y&R fans in the room and someone else motioned a slap across the face against me!

I sat there and watched the transcripts a little further without saying anything myself and the language was terrible. The same gal that asked about the other soap opera told somebody to watch their language and she was totally bombarded with women daring her to report them, etc., etc., and calling her other nasty names. Needless to say, I got out of the room after that.

Dang! All I wanted was to get into a good discussion about soaps (Y&R in particular) and these nasty cusses infiltrated the room and took it over with junk talk (that's putting it mildly, BTW). That's the risk we take with the world wide web, I guess. You just never know who you can and cannot trust to be a decent person. Sad reality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Cat Addict

How disappointing! I understand completely what it's like just to want to find some people with similar interests and being totally disappointed by what's offered. I hope you're able to find a good chat room or message board somewhere.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Premier Cat

When I was younger and went in chat rooms a lot foul language wasnt so bad.
Now I dont even go near them, they are just too awful.
I use IRC, but only channels I know are well moderated or that I own/moderate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Cat Addict

The only chat rooms worth visiting are hosted ones, usually. I spent several years as a chat host for AOL, and those rooms that are hosted are usually kept on an even keel.

Internet chat rooms, particularly popular ones like Yahoo and IRC, are always going to be crazy, populated primarily by people who either have no social skills or whose mummies and daddies aren't supervising them properly.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodeia
Internet chat rooms, particularly popular ones like Yahoo and IRC, are always going to be crazy, populated primarily by people who either have no social skills or whose mummies and daddies aren't supervising them properly.
Unfortunately, I'm finding that out the hard way. I also tried an MSN chat the other night and it, too, was filthy and had absolutely nothing to do with soap operas like the group title had suggested.

I also found a few "privatized" soap chats but none of them seem to be active anymore. I registered as a new user to a couple of them and every time I log on I'm the only one there and there's never a new updated discussion. Kind of crazy! Am I the only one who wants to discuss soap operas with strangers?

Well, I gotta go. One kid just woke up from a nap about 15 minutes ago and the second one woke up just now. Talk to you later!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Just stay on this forum we'll talk about soaps in here.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I used to be a soap addict, but I have been "recovered" for years. Well, unless you count "Survivor" and "Big Brother," which are continuing reality shows. Same idea, isn't it? They hook you, and you keep going back for more.

I'm sorry you had such bad luck, 2kids3cats4me. I can't imagine why anyone would want that kind of a forum, but.....

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

That is a shame, Jolene. It seems so hard to find a pleasant, active forum about many topics. I have tried with many of my interests too with the same results.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Anybody know a good money-saving forum?

I am looking for one.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

Let me guess. This was an AOL chat room, right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page