Hypnotizing - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
Hypnotizing

I think thats what he did to her. Anyways, I just saw this thing on tv, and it was AWESOME! This guy took random people and told them to think back to a time in their life that they wish could last forever..and then he told them to close their eyes. Then he put his hand on their back and had them like lean back onto his hand. Then other people would hold her legs and arms and head, and then he would tell them to let go. She was totally out and floating there! Her hair was just hanging down, her legs were too except they werent touching the ground..her arms were hanging down too but they also werent touching the ground. It was totally sweeeet! lol I asked my mom if she would try to do that to me..and shes like no way! She doesnt like magic I guess and doesnt believe in it and stuff. So, she wouldnt try I want to float! She didnt know she was floating though, but I still want to float even though I wouldnt know it. It was called Mind Freak I think, except on the guide thing it didnt say thats what it was..and the description was describing something else too. It must have been messed up or something though. Have you ever seen it? Wow..that was sooo cool I asked if there were some hypnotizing places that you could go to, and my mom said my uncle went to try to stop smoking but it didnt work. I want to get hypnotized! What do they do to you and stuff while your hypnotized? I want to be a magician Hm, are magicians considered witches? My mom dislikes witches and stuff..and she would never let me be one for halloween, so maybe thats why she hates magic? I dont see anything wrong with it Do you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned

Magicians aren't witches -- magicians are entertainers. There's nothing supranormal about anything they do.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Magic is illusion, Alicia. It is the magician's job to make you believe it's real. Do you think David Copperfield really moves things such as the Statue of Liberty? Well, I saw it on TV also. These entertainers spend thousands of dollars buying or developing these tricks, but they would be the first to tell you it's all an illusion.

They are not witches at all, as Tim told you. To believe it is somewhat like believing that soap operas are really happening, that it's real life.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:23 AM
Banned

BTW, alicia, witchcraft isn't real either.

(Notice I said "witchcraft", not "witches")

<timskitties prepares to duck evil spells hurled his way>

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Crap! *throws out Harry Potter replica wand*
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Depends what you mean by "witchcraft" I guess... If we are talking about wicca then I think you'll find others will argue that wicca is indeed real... The two are often associated and confused
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
Ok.

How is it an illusion?

And what is wicca?

I dont really believe that you can put a curse on somebody or something. I mean, I just dont think we have super powers

Quote:
(Notice I said "witchcraft", not "witches")
Ohhh...so witches are real? What do they do? Put bad spells on people? If thats what they do..then yeah..like I said up there I dont believe in witches But, I think it would be cool and fun to be able to do spells and stuff, good spells..not bad, but I guess spells dont work? Are witches evil? I think thats why my mom wouldnt ever let me be a witch for halloween or doesnt like anything to do with witch type things. She wouldnt even let me read Harry Potter She didnt want me to see the movie either, but I did. Its not real, so I dont see the problem with it
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Cat Addict

It's an illusion because it's a trick of the eye. All magic tricks are.

Witches that put "spells" on people are not real. Okay -- do you really think that you could put a "spell" on someone? Think really hard about something and say some words and then make it happen? Come on.

Your mom won't let you read Harry Potter? That is a horrible shame. I think she's being a bit too protective there -- it's a fictional book.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia
And what is wicca?
Wicca is a loosely-related group of religions in which the participants celebrate nature and worship a God and Goddess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia
Ohhh...so witches are real? What do they do? Put bad spells on people? If thats what they do..then yeah..like I said up there I dont believe in witches
Witches are indeed real, but they can't do magic. Practicioners of Wicca are often called 'witches', and their 'spells' are little different from prayers. It's all the same, really.

I want to add that there's a difference between magic and hypnosis. I firmly believe in hypnosis, though I've never subjected myself to it as I know that my subconscious would love to have my at its whim. But I've seen many shows, some involving my friends, and I believe every bit of that.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Cat Addict

I would agree with that -- but having someone float in the air when you're not holding them -- that's an illusion, not hypnosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page