Most Despicable TV Characters - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Most Despicable TV Characters

There was a program on TV about the most disliked TV characters of all time. They made some good choices, such as Eddie Haskell. Ewwwww!

However, the character I find myself really disliking is Marie, the mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond." ( I dislike the character so much that I don't like the actress.) She did her best to make her DIL look bad, and was the most self-centered character I've ever seen. Maybe I dislike her because my MIL was horrible!

The top choice on that program was JR. I never watched "Dallas," so I don't know.

Johnny Fairplay, on Survivor, should be Marie's son-in-law. She deserves him. He was such a snake in the grass. He must have been playing a character. Noone could be really that disgusting.

How about you? What character do you love to hate?

edit/correction

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:21 PM
Cool Cat

Omarosa!! (from The Apprentice)
OMG what an evil beeatch!!
I even saw her on Dr. Phil (whom I also can't stand) but wow... she is just sooooo.... grrrrr..... my blood starts to boil when I even THINK of her.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Oh, yes! You're so right!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Cool Cat

I love Everybody Loves Raymond!!
But then again, I don't have an MIL so I can see how that could taint your view!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

It's (Raymond) one of my favorite programs, but I really dislike Marie. Really! Robert is a big baby, but he's a lovable big baby.

Jeanie

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Premier Cat

Samantha from sex and the city. I know it's only a tv show but arggghhh the woman drives me nuts. I'm all for strong independent women expressing and acting on their urges if they so wish but that character has the morals of an alley cat. I think her character is just grubby beyond belief - yukkk!

Stephie

... by Doodle
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Banned

Re: Most Despicable TV Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
However, the character I find myself really disliking is Marie, the mother-in-law on "Everybody Loves Raymond." ( I dislike the character so much that I don't like the actress.) She did her best to make her DIL look bad, and was the most self-centered character I've ever seen. Maybe I dislike her because my MIL was horrible!

I agree -- my *future* MIL makes comments like that. The studio audience laughs at her stuff, but it just makes me mad!

And I agree about that Omarosa -- I didn't watch the original show she was on, but she's on Surreal Life now and ugh...all the rumors about her seem to be true.

I have no one else to add...I'll think of more later I bet!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 06:31 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Johnny Fairplay, on Survivor, should be Marie's son-in-law. She deserves him. He was such a snake in the grass. He must have been playing a character. Noone could be really that disgusting.

Actually, from what I've read about him, that really WAS his personality (slitherly, slimey & without a conscience & possibly soul-less). He never even auditioned for the show but was asked to apply by one of the shows producers or something, who met had him at a gas station in California. What's really disgusting is that he is now involved in promoting wrestling matches.

I almost gave up watching the series because of him.

Cod, how I hate that skinny, smirking weasel!!!!

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Whisperer
Omarosa!! (from The Apprentice)
OMG what an evil beeatch!!
I even saw her on Dr. Phil (whom I also can't stand) but wow... she is just sooooo.... grrrrr..... my blood starts to boil when I even THINK of her.

Ohhhhhh, I am so WITH you on this!!!

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
After my husband and I had been married for a few months and my MIL showed her "true colors" I told my husband that we could easily be The Barones, except without the grouchy dad and weird brother. I can't stand my MIL at all (way too long of a story to get into here) and even though I couldn't stand the character Marie I thought Doris Roberts did an excellent job of portraying a nosey MIL. There were sooooo many things that Marie said or did that I could see coming from MIL; some of them my MIL actually did say or do. I'm sure there are plenty other women out there who are like that. I can attest to at least one other!

EDIT: I just wanted to add this: We absolutely loved Everybody Loves Raymond. It wasn't a Monday night in this house without the show. I don't know what we'll do this season. Hopefully CBS comes up with a good replacement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page