Service Rant ****** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Service Rant ******

So we had a regualry schedualed cleaning for our 6 month old fridge. The guy came at 4. It's now 6:30, the fridge still hasn't turned back on...

I called sears.. oh we will send someone out tomorrow!!

What about all my food???????????????????????????

Well they said they will pay for it, which is cool.. but what a pain in the butt. Dont' you think they should of come back out tonight???
It's thier fault...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Senior Cat

Yup
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Tom Cat

I have nevered heared of this sort of thing before. what exactly are they cleaning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

it's just a cleaning, the coils (SP??) and stuff like that.. i am not totally sure....
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Senior Cat

At least they are paying for your spoiled food!

On summer, we lost power for 24+ hours. Not once, not twice, but five times over the course of 2 months! (They were upgrading lines down the road, or so they told us.) After the 3rd fridge full of food got spoiled, we called the power company, demanding they pay us back for all the wasted food. They refused. We had no recourse.

That was one of the many reasons we eventually moved...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Tom Cat

I would put a bunch of stuff in there that you don't like or that has been in the freezer (if you have a deep freeze) and claim that is ruined, too. Make a loooong list of stuff!

At least they are offering to pay, which they should...it is their fault. It would cost them less to send out a tech on over-time than it would to pay for your items. You should also ask if they plan to do the shopping for you, or reimburse you for your time and effort plus have it all delivered! Okay, I am being over-the-top, but hey...why not?

We keep old gallon jugs (from milk, bottled water, etc...) in our deep freezer to help keep stuff cold in case of a power outage. So far we haven't need it, but it is there (taking up space ) just in case.

Ask your friends and neighbors for stuff they don't want and put it in there as well. (just kidding)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Tom Cat

I am confused. They (Sears) came and cleaned the coils on the back of your frige, and it is now not working??? Did they unplug it? Isn't there a temp gage / control on the inside that you can check - to make sure it is not turned off there? Have you looked at the electric panel to make sure the breaker is on?

How is it that they are coming to do this for you? I hope this isn't something that you paid extra for - if it is a brand new refrigerator, and not just the one in your new house. I am fairly certain that this whole "maintenance" can be performed by you and a vacuum.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

it's a new fridge.. about 6 months old. Sears service cleans it. No they did not unplug it, believe me i checked everything. they fixed it today, and they took the list of food, and the pics to go with it..
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty&Lou
At least they are paying for your spoiled food!

On summer, we lost power for 24+ hours. Not once, not twice, but five times over the course of 2 months! (They were upgrading lines down the road, or so they told us.) After the 3rd fridge full of food got spoiled, we called the power company, demanding they pay us back for all the wasted food. They refused. We had no recourse.
I would have taken them to court. If their negligence caused your food to be spoiled, they can be held liable for it.

FirstEnergy was paying out decent sums of money after they failed to get power back online in a timely manner in May of 2004. First Energy was also on the hot seat after the 2003 blackouts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta3339
it's a new fridge.. about 6 months old. Sears service cleans it. No they did not unplug it, believe me i checked everything. they fixed it today, and they took the list of food, and the pics to go with it..
After this fiasco, I would tell Sears to go take a long walk off a short pier. I wonder if Sears service actually goes by the name of Less Bros. Heating, Cooling, and Refrigeration? Less Bros. meaning useLESS, hopeLESS, and worthLESS? But cleaning the coils is nothing that cannot be done with a vacuum as mentioned before. If you do not mind dust being blown about, I would use an air compressor with a blowgun. That is how I clean the coils on the 40yr old fridge here as well as the condensor coils on my room AC units.

Question. Is ALL power totally out? I mean, does the interior light come on or is it staying out? If the interior light is functional, my first guess would be that this stupid joker was less than careful with the coils and may have managed to rupture the system, thus bleeding off all your refrigerant. And like all refrigeration/cooling systems, the compressor will not cycle if the refrigerant pressure is way too low or the system is empty.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Premier Cat

Hi Donald!

I have never cleaned out any coils on my fridge???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page