No a/c!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
No a/c!!

It is sooo hot! Some thing is broke. Its 95 in my room, 94 in my parents, 97 in my sisters, 94 on the main level, and 91 in the basement. It's been like this for like 3 days now, and we are roasting! I'm so scared my pets are going to die. KitKat is breathing very hard and his eyes look sort of purple. He is being very mean and hissing at us (Which he has never ever hissed before) and biting us, so were leaving his alone now. We put a fan blowing on him and he stayed for a little bit, but then got up and went somewhere else. Snickers and Twixie are both panting and keep laying on the kitchen floor since its tile so it's cold, but I dont really think it is. I have been giving them ice cubes all day, but Snickers isnt very interested in them. I thought one 2 of the gerbil babies were dead, but they were just sleeping, thank god. But mommy keeps laying stretched out on the glass, and same with Oreo. My hamster muffin is on her back with her legs up in the air leaning against the glass She isnt dead though, shes alive. My water in my fish tank is most likely 95 degrees since thats what it is in my room, so I put ice cubes in there and they were gone in a couple seconds. And I am burning up! I took a cold shower this morning and the water didnt even feel cold to me. Its way to hot to sleep in my room, so I had to sleep on the floor in my parents sitting room last night, and my sister has been staying at a friends. I feel bad for my parents though because we've had some high dentist bills for all of us, my sisters friend backed our car into hers, so thats all messed up, and theres a big long scratch on the other side because, well I dont remember what my sister told me. Now air issues. We've had to pay for vet bills too this month, we've bought tons of clothes and a lot of other stuff. We spent about 6 or 700 the other day on clothes. And other days after that and before that we've been spending about 200. I just feel bad because of all this money in one month. And all my poor pets! KitKat seriously looks like he's dieing! My hamsters and gerbils also. It is sooooo hot!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Cat Addict

Holy crap... seven hundred dollars on clothes?? Whoa.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My mom says she doesnt know if KitKat is going to make it

I know that atleast one of my hamsters isnt going to make it

I dont know if I'm going to make it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Tom Cat

Your poor babies! and poor you!
We don't have AC in most of the house just in 2 bedrooms. It's been very hot here as well.

Try wiping your pets down with a cool wet rag. Especially in their paw pad areas. That should help cool them down.

Can't you get an AC for just one of the bedrooms?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
You can buy cheap 2nd hand Swamp Coolers from thrift stores. IMHO they work betterthan even the majority of high end A/Cs
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Cat Addict

Wait, you think your cat is going to die? Get those pets to the vet! I can't believe that your parents would just let them die. That's criminal negligence. If they can't be cared for, they need new homes.

Sorry to be harsh, but this is so, so scary to read.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
alicia, I'm surprised to hear this from you...

There are lots of things you can do to keep the animals cool, and safe. I live without the a/c ALL the time, and my kitties are just fine. Put some ice cubes in the water bowls. I think someone on here suggested this idea, and I love it, go get some spare ceramic tiles (they're like a dollar at the hardware store) and put them in the freezer for an hour or so to chill. Then put them down for the dog and cat to cool off on. There is no reason for your animals to suffer to the point that they will DIE in the heat. That's just rediculous

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodeia
Holy crap... seven hundred dollars on clothes?? Whoa.
Don't you know, it's back to school season!

Still alicia, there is lots that can be done.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Cat Addict

Some great ideas here! I'll have to keep these in mind. It gets warm in my house, but not so warm that it affects the kitties. Thanks, guys.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2005, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I did put frozen water bottles in their tanks They've been leaning against them. KitKat was just panting, but now hes a little better. We put him in Twixie's kennel so he couldnt get up and leave, and put a fan next to him. My mom and I sat in the truck for a while with Twixie to cool off But now I'm really hot again.

We cant have those air conditioners that go in the windows because our windows are crank outs? I think thats what its called, so we dont have the right kind of windows for that.

I am trying to help my animals, and I'm not going to just let them die. I diddd put KitKat in Twixie's kennel and put a fan by him to help him cool off, I have givin my dogs ice water, and have givin them ice cubes all day, and I put frozen water bottles in each of my hamsters and gerbils tanks, annnd I have put ice cubes in my fish tank. The only thing I'm not helping is myself

I think I already am sick. Everytime I swallow food I feel like I'm going to throw up, I have a headache, I feel sort of dizzy, and I am sweating really bad. Its soo humid!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page