This is very troublesome.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8883720/

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Banned

Tell me about it. It's happening all the time here, and its not just pedigree dogs, either. These dog nappers steal either to sell the dog in pubs, etc, or to wait for the reward posters to go up. Its an awful situation, as even if I knew the nappers had my dog - I would more than likely pay up.

My friend had her akita bundled into the back of a van right outside her own house from her back garden. I CANNOT Stress enough to my UK friends - get your dogs chipped, never leave them unsupervised ANYWHERE, and carry a rape alarm out with you.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Premier Cat

I always worry about the gypsies down here. We dont take Suki anywhere near gypsie camps.
No one would be able to get into the garden without us knowing, Suki barks and stands off anyone who enters the gate.

When I walk suki I have my extra cricket bat with me.... (To hit a tennis ball with of course...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 03:00 PM
Tom Cat

Wow thats terrible!!! Here in the states (my area anyway) they nab dogs of any kind, but not to collect a reward the are used as bait dogs for fighting...Both my dogs are always supervised when outside...Its terrible what the world is coming too!

~*Monique*~ (Mom to many)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I remember growing up, people would occasionally have hunting dogs stolen during hunting season. And now, people occasionally have dogs stolen as bait dogs or whatever. But this article makes it seem almost COMMON in the UK.

Jennifer and the monsters
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
A JRT breeder came into my store a few months ago. One of her b*tches had been stolen from her yard. They lured her from the yard with "snausages" (she found the empty wrapper outside the fence). Her biggest concern was they'd stolen her for a puppy mill, since she was a breeder. She was terrified that her poor girl would be abused She offered a hefty reward and posted signs everywhere. She didn't care that she'd ultimatley be paying the theives, she just wanted her dog back safe! It came back the next week!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Did she pay the reward?

I have been doing much thinking lately...what if someone stole one of my cats and hold it for ransom? I would of course pay the ransom, but would it alert the people that I am a "cash cow"?

My apartment is so easy to break into. The only reason people haven't done it is because there is nothing to steal. However, if someone knows that I would pay $$$ to whoever has my cat, that would be very bad.

My fiance once gave $30 to a panhandler. Three weeks later a panhandler came and grabbed all his money and ran. There was $160~$170 in his wallet.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Yes, she paid the reward! I mean she offered it, and on the off chance that it WASN'T the theif that returned it, the person deserved it!

<--Julia

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:14 AM
Banned

I really is becoming common in the UK. My dogs are never even in my own garden unsupervised - I wouldn't take the risk. Not that anyone could take either of them, as they are both excellent guard dogs.

We have reports and phone calls every day about stolen dogs. Some people will even break into cars to get a dog out - especially puppies.

My insurance policy for my dogs covers theft, and they will pay out for advertising and the reward itself for their safe return.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page