wedding centerpiece help, please - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

wedding centerpiece help, please

We are going with a "rustic" theme for the wedding - grapevines, berries,
browns/golds/oranges, etc. I ordered 6" tall tea light lanterns for centerpieces, but I have no idea what to do with them! Eric wants to use a wide ribbon (8" or so) to extend from the center of the table to the edge. I like this idea, but it's obviously not enough.

Any suggestions? We are using 60" round tables, ivory tablecloths.

Oh, and the reception is outdoors so nothing that will blow away. We also do not have the extra budget for a bunch of flowers for the centerpieces.

I was originally thinking large grapevine wreaths set atop a round mirror with the lantern in the middle. Not sure...

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Tom Cat

Your rustic theme sounds wonderful! For my wedding I had a bit of a rustic theme going on - it was an outdoor wedding/reception in September, so we used a lot of natural elements - the programs were bound with sticks and twine, apples with little leaf-shaped name tags were set on the parent's seats, and grapevine baskets were set out to collect the little notes we asked guests to write. We went super simple with centerpieces - a chrysanthemum plant (cheap!) surrounded by various little fun toys. It was a strange mix of rustic location and bright colors.

But anyway, a couple things come to mind - the lantern could be surrounded with grapevine garland (a garland tends to be a little bit looser and more flowing than a wreath) and maybe intersperse it with a few flowers, or leaves, or some of those fake berries that you can also buy in bunches or garland form.

I saw a very loose garland - looks like it's made of twigs and stuff - on this site. Look in the second row of images - the copper lantern surrounded by fall stuff.

I like the mirror idea - placing it under the lantern. It'll reflect all the candlelight - that'd be nice!

I know I must have seen you post about it before but I've been less active here lately - when is your wedding?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

ospunkyo - you are amazing!!! That picture is EXACTLY what I had in mind. I have been scouring the internet for an image to match what I was picturing in my head... you are fantastic!!! thank you, thank you!

The wedding is 9-23-05. Getting close!

Tina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to Stanky Send a message via MSN to Stanky
If your doing something w/grapes & vines I would get clear glass jars or small bowls (like candle holders). Put purple rocks (or whatever color matches your grapes) into those bowls w/short candles. Then you could drape the ouside of the bowl w/the grapes and vines. You could also set out actual grapes on center plates too. JMO.

~Lisa
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
Tom Cat

I'm glad I could help!

I had a late September wedding too! 9-20-03! We completely lucked out - the day before there was a hurricane - almost lost the tent a few times, and there was a huge downpour that morning. But as people started arriving, the clouds broke and we had sunshine the rest of the day. It could not have been any better.

Good luck with your plans!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:23 PM
Kitten

I seen this cool thing at a wedding last year. Not sure if it will fit with your theme, but I will share anyways. What they did was they got fire place logs (we live in a place where you can cut your own). They flattened one side of the log and then in the other side they cut out small circles for candles, three in each log. Then they decorated the log with vines, etc. and used it as a table center piece. It might not work for a really elegant wedding. But it was nice for there winter wedding, b/c they used fake snow on the log and branches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page