Rita Cosby (RANT) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Rita Cosby (RANT)

I am a regular viewer of MSNBC, a cable news station. They have recently hired a blonde woman (just what we need, yet another blonde anchor). She is Rita Cosby & has her own hour long show & it's on nightly.

OK, here's my rant: For the love of Cod, won't someone give that woman a lozenge!!!

She has got to have the most annoying voice on national television. I can watch her for about a minute before MY throat starts to hurt! I literally have to change channels when I see her broadcasting.

Another thing.......I'm really sick & tired of hearing the non-stop reporting on the "Natalee Holloway in Aruba" case. I mean........give it a rest people! Scheeeesh.

I'm telling you folks, I'm really starting to believe that all those kinds of stories are being used by the media as diversions from the REAL stories such as Karl Rove & the Valarie Plame outing, the Downing Street memo story, et. al.

Why aren't they giving SOME attention to that lady in Crawford, TX whose son was killed in Iraq and who is standing vigil outside GWB's ranch, asking to talk to the president about the real reasons her son died in that ill-conceived war there.

It's gotten to the point that my only source of the news is thru the various news bloggs & major newspapers I read on-line. Way too much "fluff" on in television reporting these days. It's more like tabloid television to me. Hmmmm, how about answering that MSM?

(Am I grouchy today or what?)

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Banned

There is an "off" button.

The reason television has deteriorated to the state you describe (and I have no reason to rebut it, because I agree) is because people do turn it on and watch it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Cat Addict

i agree- it is alot of tabloid "fluff"...but I also admit I am one of the people who LIKES those stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page