Nose Ring Question - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Nose Ring Question

I want to get a nose ring now that my bf was talking about it...like this one pictured below. But my nose is very petite, hopefully it can still be done. Does anyone have any nose rings or any experience to share with that

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
PAIN PAIN PAIN!!!

I had a chemical accident a few years ago and irritated a small part of my mucus lining. That hurted like ****.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I want one just like that too! I keep chickening out though...

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:36 PM
Cat

I had one for awhile. It is a really painful piercing, and it'll make your eyes water horribly. It's over quick though. I have a small nose too, and it looked good. I had to take it out though because I was allergic to the white gold stud. I kept it in for a few months, but it just wouldn't heal because I have severe metal allergies. So when you get it done, make sure to get a stud or ring that is made of something like steel or titanium, and not a mixed metal like white gold.

When I got it, I knew I was allergic to nickel that they sometimes put in white gold, so I got white gold with palladium. The end result was that I was slightly allergic to the actual gold which never allowed my nose to heal. Anyway, as long as you don't have the problems I had, I think you'll enjoy a nose piercing. I got a really small stud, and it looked nice.

juli
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Does it hurt like a tongue piercing then? I got my tongue pierced a loooong time ago and that was the most painful piercing I had.

Oh and when I look up all these pictures of nose rings and studs, what are the ones that curve around everywhere? How do you put that in your nose, where would it go? Some are super curvy and long too

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
PAIN PAIN PAIN!!!

I had a chemical accident a few years ago and irritated a small part of my mucus lining. That hurted like ****.
No offense, but what does that have to do with her getting her nose pierced?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
If a small irritation of nose mucus membrane hurts so much, nose piercing must hurt more....

I could be wrong.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
kitkat, the twisty ones are screws I believe... They actually twist into your nose (so they stay in place without a back). I'd imagine the ones that have a tighter screw would be more comfortable, you wouldn't want to have any parts poking at the inside of your nose.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Tom Cat

Vanilla Sugar is right they just twist into your nose hole and are more secure that way. Think about if you sneezed REALLY hard which one would stay in better.

Also nose piercing does have a lil bit of pain but I think it's similar to getting your ear cartilage pierced in terms of pain because you nose is just catrilage also.

I knew a guy closely that worked in a piercing shop and he never heard of anyone crying in pain from a nose piercing.

Thanks Icklemiss21!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:12 PM
Jr. Cat

Hey, just gonna jump in here. I use to have several piercings when I was younger - tongue, navel, cartilage, all of which I have removed. Now I only wear a nose stud which is a twist like the one you posted. I had no problems with my nose piercing when I got it. I felt a little pressure, my eyes did water (but I think it's because they have to get pretty close to the tear ducts or some nerve connected to them) and then it was done. Of all my piercings this one gave me the least problems - no swelling and the soreness went away after a day. Cleaning it was a bit awkward as you have to basically put a soaked cotton ball to your nose and try not to dribble on yourself
If you're really worried about the pain it may be best to apply a cold compress of some sort to the nostril you want to pierce a few minutes before you have it done, but it's not intense. Getting my tongue pierced was painful, not because of the act of piercing, but rather the swelling that accompanied it for a week. Nose piercings are not that bad. Oh, and I also have a small nose, kind of short nostrils too, but all that means is that you should avoid hoops because they take up your whole face. I strongly recommend a twist nose pin as it stays in and doesn't poke into your septum, and NO nose rings with backings to them (like earrings) because it's very cumbersome and should you get smacked in the nose you risk more damage. Hope this was helpful!
Monica

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. ~ Gandhi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page