Ants and RAID question... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ants and RAID question...

We have an ant problem in the kitchen and we thought it was under control untill I found thousands of them swarming on the dishes in my kitchen sick! I sprayed raid all over them. My question is, what should be done with the dishes that I sprayed raid on? Would they be okay if I ran them through the dishwasher 3 times? Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Tom Cat

Yes run em through the dishwasher high heat wash...get ant traps and hide them in the cabnets and spray raid outside your doors and windows (outside) I have an ant problem every year and I do this all the time...

~*Monique*~ (Mom to many)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Premier Cat

If you can locate where they are getting in....you need to use silicone
caulking to seal the cracks! Plus use Raid....we have ants too.
I hate those little buggers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Cat Addict

If you use raid it will only kill the ants you see. Like Dawn said....try and see where they are coming from and seal it. If you cant I would use Terro or some kind of ant trap. That way they take it back to the nest and it kills all of them.

Living in Florida I have been constanly battling ants. Could Luck. Just be glad you don't have to deal with them year round! Sometimes I miss the cold months!

~Shelly~

Zoee, Zack, Lamar & Mateo's mom
and Khan my Pit Bull Terrier
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Cat Addict

Yes, Terro is AMAZING stuff. It is the only thing we use for ants anymore. We had a HORRIBLE ant problem at our other apartment and tried lots of stuff, and when we tried Terro it completely got rid of them. Plus, it is completely non-toxic.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Banned

One good washing on the Pot Scrubber cycle should be more than enough to remove the chemical.

As for Terro, doesnt it work best with grease-eating ants? But along with Terro, I would initially use a fogger. Now we know that aerosol foggers leave nasty residue as bad as a spray. But RAID makes a smoke style fogger called the RAID Fumigator. It creates a fine dry smoke to get in areas where aerosol foggers cannot reach. No stains or residue is left behind. Best yet, this is safe to use with gas appliances that have pilot lights as it is non-flammable.

Also, you can even spray around the foundation with Malathion. Figure to use a fogger or two to bring down the initial infestation, apply sprays to the outside of the house, and use terro to control any survivors. Works well enough for me. Luckily I have not had to do that in years. I do use the Fumigator for fleas too and it works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page