Are You Ready For Some Football!? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Are You Ready For Some Football!?

I know, I know...I started a thread just like this last year but NFL Football season has rolled around again and I'm curious to know what the responses are as compared to last year.

Some of you may remember I'm married to a diehard, stick with 'em through thick and thin, Minnesota Vikings fan. For the most part, I'm a Vikings fan too, just not as diehard as my husband, and I find it easier to get mad at them for playing so terribly and I can stay away from a couple games at a time.

My husband gets so psyched out about football every year. He has to drag out all his Vikings collectibles and scatter them around the living room like a shrine and I have to put up with all that dark purple junk cluttering up my house! My husband is also thrilled that he now has a son to pass down his love of the Vikings and the game of football to. I'm tellin' ya, if it were up to my husband our son would be wearing football cleats as soon as he can walk!

He's watching the San Diego vs. Packers game on ESPN right now. BTW, timskitties, I noticed you mentioning The Pack in another thread earlier tonight and just wanted to pass along that we loathe the Packers, , but I have to admit that living in a midwestern state that does not have it's own NFL team there are quite a few Packer Backers around here too. It has to be the best rivalry in the NFL, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Cat Addict

I can't wait for the football season to start!

I am also a Vikings Fan (my BF is a Buc's fan so we are really looking forward to the first game of the season), although I will admit to choosing the Vikings when I first moved to Canada only because I like purple.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to TxnKats Send a message via MSN to TxnKats
*groan* Not me (not a football fan...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Cat

Ah, you mean American Football.

Sorry, when you write football, that automatically means Association Football - what you call soccer. The season has just started here - Chelsea for the Premiership, anyone?

I'll leave now...

Alex
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:15 AM
Cat

As a UK resident bizzarely I hate soccer but love american football. Been folowing it for 15 years. Strangly i'm a Jets fan. Long and complicated story.

Any aussies want to talk cricket though
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Premier Cat

I absolutely love the Minnesota Vikings, been a huge fan since I was old enough to understand the game. I have been though some tough years with them, but it is worth it.
The first pre-season game is tonight against the Chiefs, I can't wait!!!

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
I absolutely love the Minnesota Vikings, been a huge fan since I was old enough to understand the game. I have been though some tough years with them, but it is worth it.
The first pre-season game is tonight against the Chiefs, I can't wait!!!

Yeah, my husband has that one marked down on the calendar too! He's a completely different guy when football season comes around. So tense about everything!!!

EDITED TO ADD: Lori, I just noticed the Viking emoticon. Where did you find that. I should point that out to my husband. He'd probably make wallpaper for his desktop out of it or something!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiralx
Ah, you mean American Football.

Sorry, when you write football, that automatically means Association Football - what you call soccer. The season has just started here - Chelsea for the Premiership, anyone?

I'll leave now...
Ugh Chelsea... as a teenager I worked for Tottenham selling drinks etc - it didn't pay well - but you got to watch the game every week - but I am Man Utd through and through. I have a picture of me being 5 weeks old in a Man Utd sleeper suit!

I am trying to drag my BF out to a bar for the game - but no dice - he doesn't want to watch the Vikings and none of my friends like football and all the guys like the Bucs and won't watch the Vikings

*grumble*grumble*grumble* stupid Bucs' fans *grumble*grumble*grumble*

Its a good thing these are the only pre-season game on at the same time or he might find himself girlfriendless

Edit to add snippy comment at BF and typo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Cat Addict

In a word-------Noooooo!

The Bears are gonna suck, as usual, & I'm tired of watching my brother get all hangdoged looking after they lose yet another game.

(Note: Can't even follow the game myself. All those players running around all over the field. It's hard enough just following the ball yet alone seeing all the other things going on in the field. Too complicated for my brain)

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kids3cats4me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
EDITED TO ADD: Lori, I just noticed the Viking emoticon. Where did you find that. I should point that out to my husband. He'd probably make wallpaper for his desktop out of it or something!
http://www.mysmilies.com/?cat=hat&page=2

Here is the link to the page on mysmilies.com, it is on the last line.

Isn't it adorable!! I have been waiting for a chance to use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page