Gift for niece...stuffed cat toy? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Gift for niece...stuffed cat toy?

My niece is turning 2 years old soon. Seeing as she likes our cats, I would like to get her a stuffed cat for her birthday (and maybe something else too). I was looking for one that would purr or meow or something like that, but the only ones I have seen that do that are really ugly.
Any one have any suggestions?

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Senior Cat

I'm not sure if there are any American companies that do this but I like this one.
[/url]http://www.hawkin.com/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=20670&STK_PROD_CODE=06400

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Senior Cat

My absolute favorite toy when I was a child was a little basket with 3 kittens in it. The kittens fur was rabbit fur I believe and I adored them. I recently saw some like this at Toys R Us where we live. They aren't very big and since she is small she might like them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Tom Cat

I'm not sure it they still make them, but there was a plushie made back in the 90's called "Kitty Kitty Kitten". You could choose between one that has 'fur' like a Siamese, a Calico, etc. When you would move it back and forth, there was a sort of internal (but soft) container which held one or more things that may have been similar to a marble. I sounded EXACTLY like a kitty purring. I think my 14 y. o. daughter still still has hers. somewhere.

I got them at Toys-R-Us, I think...but that was at least 10 years ago...and I am not sure who manufactured it. Sorry, wish I could give you more info. I was also the perfect size for a 2 y.o. About the same size as a 10-12 week old kitten. My kids adored theirs for years, but I think they finally packed them away a while back: when Anime and Johnny Depp became more interesting than plushies.

Good luck!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Jr. Cat

These look like they would be quite interactive, and got pretty good reviews for being lifelike. It does say ages 4 and up though.

http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewprodu ... efault.cfm

"Anyone who says you can't buy happiness has forgotten about kittens." (Wilfred P. Lampton)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Cat Addict

This site has some pretty cool stuff. I didn't go through all the cat stuff or I would have ended up buying something

http://www.tableandhome.com/coolanimalstuff

~Shelly~

Zoee, Zack, Lamar & Mateo's mom
and Khan my Pit Bull Terrier
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks for the suggestions!
I looked for Kitty Kitty Kittens and it doesn't look like they make them anymore.
I don't really like the Fur Real friends...to me they look kinda ugly.
That last site had some nice ones on it and few that meow! And of course, I will have to check out Toyrus. Any other sites or suggestions are welcome! Of course now I am wanting to get them for myself....I could pick up a siamese one that looks like Stormy and a black one that looks like Justin! I was telling my husband it would be awesome if you could get stuffed animals custom made to look like your pet. I'm sure it would be expensive, but how cool would that be?!
I may actually hold off on the toy cat until Christmas. She was over here today and my sis in law mentioned that they are getting her a play kitchen for her birthday, so I know they would like others to maybe get her play kitchen stuff.
I was thinking I may want to get her some plastic kitchen things and then also maybe get a child's apron and paint her name on it or something. Any suggestions on what kind/where to get an apron and also what kind of paint I should use?
By the way, she got to pet the cats again today...but they would run off because she would get so excited by it and laugh REALLY loudly.
Oh yeah, forgot to add...my husband was asking about why I wanted to get a stuffed cat and asking "Are we are trying to turn her into a cat lover?" My reply: "OF COURSE!"

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Tom Cat

Hey, I like the idea of the custom-made plushie! You may want to patent that idea before someone like me tries to steal it. (Just kidding...I couldn't make a stuffed animal to save my life. I can barely sew on a button)

Too bad they don't make the 'kitty kitty kittens' anymore They were really neat! My youngest daughter still has hers (a calico) but it's packed away somewhere. My oldest daughter's siamese one was eaten by a Doberman puppy. I don't recall who made them...I know we got them at Toys R Us in Humble...but that was back in the mid 90's, I think.

I will look around for the one that still exists (wish me luck! It may be up in the attic, if so...I have to apologize ahead of time. I'm not going into that oven for anything ) to see if I can find the maker's tag. I'll also check with a neighbor who has a 3 year old daughter to see if she knows of anything along the lines of what you have in mind.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:58 AM
Cat Addict

http://cgi.ebay.com/TYCO-STUFFED-PLUSH- ... dZViewItem

Kitty Kitty Kitten persian, by Tyco...only at $9.95 with one bid...3 days left.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page