Ladies! Cosmetic surgery views? *very sensitive subject!* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Ladies! Cosmetic surgery views? *very sensitive subject!*

Moderators: If anything about this is improper, please delete the thread! I was hesitant to address the subject but was hopeful we could have an informative discussion and learn from one another.

Note to the guys: unless you have something which you can respectfully add in regards to your personal views or experiences of women in your life, this thread isn't for you. No smart remarks, guys, please...be nice! This is a very sensitive subject for some of us.

My situation: I am the mother of two teen daughters, but this isn't about them. My "two ladies" (aka breasts) have been stretched out of shape and gone south...caused by yo-yo dieting in my teens and twenties; nursing my babies (my size was much larger prior to pregnancy, but after I stopped nursing, the size changed significantly); and (of course) lack of skin elasticity related to middle age and my increasing awareness of gravity.

I feel very insecure about the shape, size (not to mention one is about 1/2 cup smaller than the other) and location, but am also aware that I am at a higher risk for complications during surgery than average, due to having fms/cfs and possibly a yet-to-be-diagnosed illness (I am still being tested for MS, Lupus, Lyme's and a host of other 'fun stuff', but I doubt that any of these will be found). I would love to have a slight increase in size (from an "almost B" to a full C) but that isnt' my main concern. I would just like to see them back to where they should be, and symmetrical so a lift would probably be enough for me. This feels more like correcting a defect rather than making a change for vanity reasons.

There are other procedures I would like to have to fine-tune some other areas, but it would purely be vanity procedures. However, the first issue I addressed has seriously damaged my esteem...especially since I have two teen daughters who are very developed, my now 14 y.o. was larger than I am now by the time she was ten years old *wipes at tear of self pity*

I would love feedback from those who have had or have considered having cosmetic surgery, especially a breast lift or breast enhancement. Trust me, I have tried every exercise, bra, "snake oil" treatment...you name it...but the truth is that I am a typical middle-aged mom (less endowed than most, but still -) who didn't experience the exception when it came to my *sniffle* aging body.

btw, on a positive note...this is probably one of the best ages to be: I'm soon to be 39; my kids are nearly grown, I have a great hubby who loves me no matter what gravity does to certain parts of me ( ) and I have the freedom to pursue my dreams: whenever I figure out what they are, that is. I am lucky enough to not *have* to work, which is a blessing for me in multiple ways. We have managed to plan ahead very well and my hubby is probably going to retire between 50-55 years of age, so we will have plenty of time to travel and enjoy our lives together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
I dont see anything wrong with breast augmentation/implants if it is done for the right reasons. you can go through tests before the surgery to see how you deal with the various situations and anesthetics. I myself being a small chested woman have contemplated it myself because everything fits my bum and nothing fits my boobs and im tired of using silicone-in-bra enhancements just to fill a top of a dress in...but like you i have my MD to be concerned about. Just ask a doctor and they can tell you whether you can or not
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Cat Addict

My mom had it done many years ago.
She went from an A to a full C.
I don't see anything wrong with it.
On a side note, I think it's normal for your breasts to be slightly different sizes.

Jennifer and the monsters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
My fiance once told me "there is no ugly woman as long as the skin is smooth"

Ever since I cut sodium lauryl sulfate from my beauty regimen, my skin had become flawless
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Brynn

I am only 24 years old with DD's which are already saging just to due to their weight and some yoyo dieting. I am planning on having children and know they are just going to become more and more saggy and well just not so nice looking. Anyway, i quess my point is, my husband and i have already talked about my having a lift once i am done having children, and possibly a reduction.

I do not see anything wrong with breast augmentation when done right, and for good reasons. As long as you do it for yourself and not cause someone else wants you to.

Good luck!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
"there is no ugly woman as long as the skin is smooth"
HUH
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to Jaime Send a message via MSN to Jaime Send a message via Yahoo to Jaime
Life if short, might as well be happy so I say, go for it as long as it won't put your health in danger.

I'm 29 and am planning on kids. Well, I'm about a c and my boobs are hanging a little low but I've been working out lately and doing push ups and that seems to be lifting them up a little. It's totally normal to have one boob larger. Remember, if you are right handed, the right side of your body is going to be a little toner because you use that side more...I'm left handed and my left boob is smaller and more tone.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe
Quote:
"there is no ugly woman as long as the skin is smooth"
HUH
He thinks that as long as the skin looks good, the woman looks good.

When the University abruptedly terminated my stipend three months ago, I panicked and I cut my gas, my TV cable, and my phone service. I also cut all the soap and detergent usage in my life. I quit eating chocolate.

Three months had passed and my skin had NEVER looked more radiant. I love the new soap-free life (no pun intended) and leaving soap out of my life had made me a lot healthier and more beautiful. I have not had any acne since the beginning of the summer. The fine lines on my face and the bags under my eyes disappeared.

I don't miss any of those things. I will not re-introduce them into my life once I get my stipend again in September. My life is better without them.

I think cosmetic surgery is a better bang for the buck for women over 50 because the results would be much more dramatic.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
I don't want to mess with this thread,, but shengmei, from what i read is that you don't wash yourself or you clothes with soap?
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Banned

Nope, just good old hot water....

It cuts grease better than soap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page