Newbies, Please Read! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Newbies, Please Read!

If you're new, you might be wondering what all this Animal Rescue Site talk is! Did you click? ( Etc.) Well, at the top of the Lounge there is a sticky with The Animal Rescue Site and many other great organizations to which you can refer.

We're asking you to click on that link, go to the Animal Rescue Site, and click the box. You pay nothing; noone bothers you; noone knows who you are, but you are feeding a shelter animal .6 bowls of food--every time you click. The sponsors pay the shelters a certain amount of money for every click.

Won't you please join us and click daily? And when you see the thread, "Have you clicked on the Animal Rescue Site today,? please bump the thread and click. What a wonderful way to help animals, even if you're broke! Many of us wish we could afford to donate to shelters, but we can't afford it. This is the way to do it! FREE--great word! And you will have a warm feeling in your heart. Please join us.

Thank you so much.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Premier Cat

Awe...that little kitten is so cute...
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 09:43 PM
Cool Cat

done! thanks!

Does it log your IP addy so you can only do it once?
If so, for those of us that have a job, we can click it once at work and once at home each day! That would be 1.2 bowls per person per day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's true, Cat Whiperer! Isn't it a nice feeling? I'm so glad you're joining us!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:33 AM
Cat Addict

I have clicked and it is a wonderful feeling.
Thank you for the reminder, Jeanie!

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cat Whisperer
Does it log your IP addy so you can only do it once?
If so, for those of us that have a job, we can click it once at work and once at home each day! That would be 1.2 bowls per person per day!!
Answering my own Q here.
From the FAQ section on the site:
Q: How many times can I click on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button? Can I just keep clicking and fund hundreds of bowls at once?

A: You can click once a day on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button on The Animal Rescue Site. Our agreement with our sponsors only allows us to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button a hundred times, only one click would count. In the meantime, our system would be slowed down, or possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding for care for abandoned animals. Please note that we do count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of our ability. We make every effort to count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Cat Addict

Just a tip...

I set up this site as my home page at my last office so that every morning when I logged it, the button was right there for me to click on.

Every morning, every day.

Tina

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Premier Cat

hey thats a good idea....
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Banned

Thanks for letting me know about that -- I found that thread a week or so ago. My boyfriend and I have been clicking every day since then, I sent out an email to friends and family, and I put a link to it on my cat information site homepage.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's great. The reason I click here is that we then have a record of what we have contributed as a group. (at the top of the page.)

Jeanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page