A tad confused but really excited - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

A tad confused but really excited

So last night I went down to SJ to see Tim, he took me all over (aka cheepy date) and showed me his old schools while reminiscing about his teen years and earlier. While we were wandering about the subject of children came up which led to the question posed by Tim to me, "What kind of wedding should we have?"

Now this actually took me by surprise, whenever we talk about that kind of thing it's me who initiates and him who eventually mentions that wedding talk scares him. but this time it was HIM who started it, and baisically asked me to marry him.

We spend a really fun hour an a half going over what we want, like who should marry us, where, how many guests and how many in the bridal party, things that make a girl giggly inside.

The confusing part really is that I'm not sure if it really was an offer for engagement. We've been dating for almost a year and 8 months (on the 20th) and I know a wedding would be a year or more down the road. and I know and am ok with the engagement without a ring thing. and I have been on the knot for a while, 'cause of all the wedding talk here and actually fount THE dress and dresses for the bridesmaids and flower girl. Am I jumping the gun here? or is it a good idea to start looking at things?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Me and my boyfriend do stuff like this all the time. He says the only reasons we aren't officially engaged is:

a) he wants the moment to be really original and memorable and hasn't thought of anything yet
b) financially we can not afford to get married after just buying somewhere to live

We have even set a preliminary year of 2007 so far

I'd say go with the flow - he obviously wants to marry you but may be waiting for that right romantic moment

Hayley xxx
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Cat Addict

Definitely ask him..say something like, "When we were talking the other night, I couldn't help but wonder if we were on the same page. For example, the way you posed your question, it sounded like a proposal. It's OK if it wasn't, I just want to make sure that we're both at the same spot."

Or just ask him in a more straightforward manner, if that's the kind of guy he is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
It is definitely a start, but guys generally take two years for it to sink in.

I think it is great!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2005, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

ok, I just get more and more confused. he's been dropping hints like a 6 year old at christmas and we kinda decided that the ceremony will be at a scottish right temple and that he wants to wear his clan's tartan. I honestly never thought that he put that much thought into the idea, it's cute
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page