Frustrated Incorporated - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Frustrated Incorporated

So we found out all will be well with the truck, we don't know if they will total it yet or not but either way they have promised to cover it. I was working over at the house late at night when Pat was at work and got spooked by my own imagination, which lead to the decision by Pat and I that we need a dog. Not a "guard dog" but a large dog that will keep me company whos mere presence will deter people. We narrowed it down to Rottweilers, Boxers, Dobermans, and Pit Bulls ( the misunderstood breeds basicly) We decided to adopt an older dog instead of a puppy, since noone is going to think twice about attacking a woman with a puppy and i'd rather save an older dogs life as its less likely to be adopted otherwise.

Today we went to four different animal control places and one humane society (only because theres only one humane society for this whole area). I fell in love twice, once with a bernese mountain dog but he was a puppy and we decided to pass on him, and once again with a beautiful 3 year old rottweiler who was perfect...until the testing of his ability to get along with cats. Unfortunately he thought they might be food. We found a pit bull at the humane society but he shed like mad and the shelters "Pit bull rules" were insane and he shed a LOT, like, i've never met a dog who shed sooo much. We also saw a purebred abysinnian kitten for adoption that we both agreed we would love to have and had to drag ourselves out of there so as not to take her home with us. Patrick was even more in love with her than I was which I found amusing.

Our house is...progressing, slowly but surely. We only have to paint the cabinet doors and reinstall them in the kitchen, our bedroom is done, we did that room first. But we still havent moved in to the house heh. We are currently living with Patricks parents because we recently demo'd the bathroom. We have to install a new bathtub and hardware, new vanity and sink, new floor, etc. Atm it lacks any of those things, the tub isn't there, the vanity is gone too, all thats there is the toilet but the water is shut off. It would be livable all except for that though heh. It seems like every time we go to do somthing that in itself is complicated we run into somthing in the house that the previous owners did that make us want to hunt them down and torture them. For instance they used super glue to attach the tiles to the wall for the backsplash in the kitchen, when we removed the tiles we also ended up removing chunks of the wall. Fun times. Or that they used rubber cement to put switcheplates on for the lightswitches.

Anyways, right now i'm starting to lose hope the house will ever be done, or that we will ever find the right dog, and it's kinda a time sensitive thing because tomorrow Pat goes back to work and again ill be at the house by myself at nighttimesince he doesnt get off of work until 11pm. Pats parents are fine with the new dog staying here with us so thats not an issue, its just im REALLY picky about what dog we get and I wonder if ill ever find the right one. Le sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 08:02 AM
Premier Cat

I gotta jump in here...Boxers are not 1 of the misunderstood breeds.
They are lovable extra goofy dogs with clown like personalities.
They have a very muscular build and often look intimidating.
Of course I own a Boxer so I will be the first to tell you this is your dog!

As far as the dog you met with the shedding...alot of that can be dietary.
All flat coat dogs shed as much as any long hair dog. Especially every spring when they lose their coats. Uggh, the hair is everywhere!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page