Big Brother 6 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Big Brother 6

I have been watching Big Brother 6, and I don't think I've seen any groups as dishonest since Johnny Fairplay from Survivor! Jim, the schoolteacher, seemed like a good guy, but he swore on the Bible that he would be loyal to another member, and it was a lie. Since then, he has played for revenge and has been nominated for eviction three times, but has beaten the game.

Then Jennifer swore on her life that if Kaysar gave up in a competition, he and his group would not be put up for eviction. He asked her several times if that was the absolute truth, and she reassured him-very convincingly. The plan was supposed to get Jim out, but the man on the block is now Kaysar, who really believed Jennifer. Of course, he has now been voted out! Dirty pool. I don't know what to think now! I don't like Janelle at all. She is so self-centered.

I think there's a difference between strategy and out and out lying, especially if you swear on the book you consider sacred. How far would you go? Would you lie? Would you betray a good friend? How much will a million dollars buy? Would you consider being a contestant, knowing what it might cost your character? Or is it just a game?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Cat Addict

That's a good question.
On one hand it IS a game, everyone is there to play and hopefully win the money. You have to get rid of the other players to do that, and that does mean making alliances and breaking them when they are no longer the safe place to be.
If you watch closely you'll notice at the end when everyone is yelling at everyone else about how they lied and cheated, they ALL lied and cheated at some point. Whether it was a BIG one, like Jennifer did or a little one like making someone think they are more important to the alliance than they really are.
Plus it is true that things in these games change on a dime. Maybe James did mean it when he swore on the Bible, but then saw Maggie trying to ruin his chance of winning the veto? Maybe he would have kept his word if that hadn't happened.
What if Eric came back instead of Kayser, would the other side have kept their commitment to get rid of James if they won HOH? Or would they have taken out Eric. Taking out Eric would have been the smart thing to do.
I think taking out Kayser is the smarter move to make to stay in the game, since he is the single best player there strategically. BUT, it was also pretty slimey of Jennifer to do that.

I don't know what I would do if I were ever in that situation. I don't think you can really put real-life values/morals/whatnot into a reality game senario.

Of course, I love watching these shows, but there is NO WAY I'd ever be on one!!!!!

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I don't I think could either. And now, as much as I like that game, the only person I like is Jim, and he lied! Too bad Janelle is HOH. Who's left? Are there any "good guys? left?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:50 AM
Cool Cat

I have sooooo been thinking of starting a thread on this!!
I love this show! But you are right about the lying - tonght was so bad! I didn't like Howie at first, then I did and now I don't again. lol

The thing I try and remind myself is that what we see is soooooo edited! Ever notice how there is all this talk about how the other side betrayed them but then look at how they all vote. Like tonight, they are all saying how Kaysar was betrayed, but then the vote is unanamous to give him the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Too bad Janelle is HOH. Who's left? Are there any "good guys? left?
OMG! I sooo laughed at what you wrote!! Janelle is a ho!! (HOH) LOLOL

I like Ivette and Maggie. But see again, we are seeing what they want us to see and they want ratings and drama, so I don't know.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Tom Cat

I can't stand "The Friendship". They're just as bad as any other group that plays in BB. Ivette never shuts up and is so annoying to listen to. Maggie thinks she's so smart because she works in an ER April start so much trouble it's insane. April was the one who made up the stuff about Michael to get him evicted. April got the ball rolling about Howie evicting Ivette instead of Sarah. April has done a lot to cause trouble and Howie finally gave it to her. I watched it on the feed and it was so good. I actually liked it when he got mad at her. I was so glad Kaysar came back, as I really hated Eric more than anyone at that stage in the game. Unfortunately, Kaysar let Jennifer have it, and she screwed him over. He shouldn't have trusted any of them. By the way, Janelle is much better than Jen or those other girls. Jen calls Janey a ho, but if you look around at what Jen did in college, it'll clear who the ho is.

If you read the message board and read the live feed postings, you'll see just how bad the friendship group is. I'm really glad Janelle won HOH. If the boring friendship keeps getting their way the drama will drop off. They are boring! Keep in mind though, that the friendship will have to eat their own sooner or later, so they're friendship is short-term.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I agree with you, Misery, about Maggie. She acts superior to everyone, but Janelle brags about how great her looks and shape are. I dislike her intensely. I was disappointed that Kaysar chose her as a friend.

I would have been happier if Howie had told the whole group off, rather than only April. Of course I didn't like him bringing her family and dog into it, but I don't like the "friendship" at all. It's time someone took them down a step. I'll go for the wild card, I guess--Jim. The best of the worst, I guess..... I don't know if there's a drop of honor in the bunch. Could any of you outright LIE like these people?

Oh, Bo has been flying under the radar, but I think his easy trip is now over--since he lost it.

Jeanie

post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 11:50 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Janelle brags about how great her looks and shape are. I dislike her intensely. I was disappointed that Kaysar chose her as a friend.
I wasn't surprised - he's a guy and she has big boobs.
Same for Howie - he was just looking for someone to sleep with. Did you hear him when he found out that Sarah and James were together?

Quote:
I'll go for the wild card, I guess--Jim. The best of the worst, I guess.....
You keep calling him Jim - are you personal friends with him or something? LOL I have never heard him called anything but James.

I like the Maggie/Ivette group.
We see what we want to see.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

James? I just happen to have a nephew named Jim.
James also lied. I am not seeing anyone with principles. He's the lone wolf now, that's all, and showed remorse for playing with revenge in mind. There aren't many redeeming values among that whole bunch, not that I can see.

Jeanie

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 06:05 PM
Cat Addict

I didn't get a chance to watch BB last night. I just got done watching the tape.
Did anyone notice that Janelle changed her answer that won the HOH? When Julie first asked for their answers, she put hers up, but upside down. It was 300. Then Julie said it was upside down. When she put it back down, she picked up her marker again!
Granted, they didn't announce the correct answer yet, but the other 2 still left in the game had turned over their answers already.
I don't think they should have let her win! 300 was over the correct number.

Jennifer and the monsters
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 07:58 PM
Tom Cat

Didn't look like she rewrote an anser to me. Either way, the HOH competions are a fix sometimes anyhow. One year they asked a question only one person knew the answer to, so obviously she got it right and was HOH. Everytime someone complained about it the feeds went to the front door. It looked like Jen switched fingers after they said no more finger switches last time too, but she ended up with it.

The show is really the same every year. The people who seem nice at first often turn out to be nasty and mean at times, especially when they know they're possibly going home. Previous season had people who were ten times as bad as anyone in there now. I mean hateful as hateful can get.

All in all, it's not easy to live in a house with people you don't know 24/7. There's gonna be problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page