Rant... smoking & driving - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Rant... smoking & driving

I am so tired of these people who smoke in their cars and then carelessly toss the butt out the window letting it bounce off the cars behind them. This happened to me twice in the last week and believe me, both of them got the horn and a select hand gesture. Some people, but very few, will make the effort to reach out the window and toss it to the ground. If I were a smoker I'd simply light one up, pass them and do the same to them, but since I'm not, my next step is keeping a pile of old pencils in the glove box for such occasions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Jr. Cat

I am a smoker and I thought that is what ashtrays were for? Some people have no consideration. Not all smokers are bad people!!!!

Susi
Owned by Silverbelle & Cami
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Cat Addict

How rude! Andrew is a smoker and he would never do something like this. He is a very curteous driver in general, however.

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 02:08 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Rant... smoking & driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo
I am so tired of these people who smoke in their cars and then carelessly toss the butt out the window letting it bounce off the cars behind them........... Some people, but very few, will make the effort to reach out the window and toss it to the ground.
This is a pet peeve of mine!!
Whether they are careless or not, it is still littering and starts fires along roadways every year. It's not just drivers... it's people walking along and just tossing their cigs or putting them down and stomping on them.
Smokers leaving their cigs on the beach are the main reason smoking is illegal on a lot of beaches in SoCal now.

I don't get it.... I mean I don't drink a soda and toss the can out the window!! Who do they think is going to clean it up?
GRRRRRRRRR
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 AM
Cat Addict

I was driving along the freeway one evening and had just rolled up my window when the driver in front of me tossed his lit cigarette out the window. It bounced up off the pavement and hit the window I had just rolled up right by my face. It would've hit me in the face if I hadn't rolled up the window.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 08:53 AM
Cat Addict

Another smoker here.
I also use my ashtray. New Mexico=Big fires!!
Edited to add that the one I really don't understand is why some people feel the need to dump their ashtrays on the ground.

Jennifer and the monsters
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Premier Cat

Personally I think smoking and driving should be as illegal as talking on a mobile phone and driving. To many crashes are caused because someone drops their cig or is trying to light up while driving, as as stated chucking it out the window.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalensia
Personally I think smoking and driving should be as illegal as talking on a mobile phone and driving. To many crashes are caused because someone drops their cig or is trying to light up while driving, as as stated chucking it out the window.
NOOOOO, I couldn't imagine driving without smoking. When people quit that is supposed to be one of the hardest points of quitting, not smoking when you drive. It's not the same as the cell phone because you're not distracted while smoking, well except maybe for the split second it takes to light up. I NEVER take my eyes/mind off the road while lighting up. Plus think of all the accidents that would be caused by nic-fits. Talk about road rage!

Jennifer and the monsters
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Cat

How about the crazy people that smoke AND talk on the cell phone while driving? Talk about an accident waiting to happen. I keep in the far lane away from people when I see that.
I'm always worried that I might have a gas leak or somthing someday and when the stupid person throws their cigarette butt out the window that my car will blow up. Very unlikely, but still a scary though.
Also I really appreciate the curteous smokers, when I come across them.

--Annasaur

♥ Rosanna ♥
(No I wasn't named after that Toto song, and yes I know who Roseanne Roseannadanna was
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
Cat Addict

We had an employee a while back who learnt his lesson the hard way - he flicked the burning cigarette out the window and right in the window of a Porsche, burning the seat and cashmere sweater of the driver... it cost him a fair penny because the guy called the company and found him threw us.

And speaking of cell phones - this guy I seen yesterday (obviously not knowing how to use the phonebook in his cell) has an address book and coffee in one hand, cellphone and cigarette in the other and is driving using his knee!

Quote:
It's not the same as the cell phone because you're not distracted while smoking, well except maybe for the split second it takes to light up. I NEVER take my eyes/mind off the road while lighting up
I am always telling my BF's brother that he shouldn't use his phone when driving - his favourite quote is "I am talking, the same as I would would if the person was in the truck, so I never take my eyes off the road, I even have voice activated dialing!'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page