Weird email - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Weird email

I dunno what to think on this, its really strange lol.

Quote:
FROM ROSMOND MENDEZ.
ABIDJAN COTE D'IVOIRE.

HIGHLY CONFIDENTAIL PLEASE.

Dear Respecful,
It is a pleasure to write you this proposal which I know will interest you, how ever I find your contact/profil on my personal search for a trust worthy person.
I know this may come to you as a surprise but mind you it is never a joke, though we have not seeing or known each other for the first time but trust and confidence is the key to this transaction
but meanwhile may I introduce myself first,I am Mr Rosmond Mendez son of the former LATE GEN. Godwin Mendez of CONGO (D.R.C).

This business proposal I want to impose on you must be highly confidential between the both of us.My Late Father Gen. Godwin Konan was assasinated by a troop of rebel assasins but before his death he deposited a trunk box with a security company in abidjan and told them that the trunk
box contains "metal/wood art works" belonging to a foreign contractor or but the real content of the trunk is money it contains (USD8.5M)Eight Million,Five Hundred thousand Dollars only.

But in other to keep the confidentiality of the deposit,he told them that it contains metal/wood art works belonging to a foreign contractor to enable them not to open the box but before my fathers death the country press wanted to tress this deposit he made and he immediately asked the security company to transfer the deposited item to any of there branches outside the countinent and the security company made an immediate transfer of this box through a diplomatic form to there branch office in Europe now this trunk box is in Europe and still remains under the security custody of Abidjan Cote d`ivoire still as metal/wood art work belonging to a foreign contractor.
On giving me the documents my late father told me everything concerning the deposit he made, my father did not present any body to the security company as the foreign contractor that owns the deposited item.So what I went from you is to assist me in the release of this box in Europe but mean while this has to do with the head office in Abidjan Cote d ivoire because it is the place were this trunk was deposited and they also are the people that transferred it to there branch in Europe.

I have the documents giving on the day of deposit my father gave it to me when he was alive I never
now he did it for a purpose and now that he has died.
This money is the only hope and future I have for me and my sister because after my father death we were restricted from movement in the country (CONGO)and everything that my father has was sized I and my only sister narrowly escaped out of the country through the help of some force offices who are royal to my late father when he was on sit, we are now staying in Abidjan cote divoire under a political status by the government of cote divoire to contact me, You must bear
in mind that the documents are with me and I will not hesitate to send them to you as soon as trust,confidence and good relationship is exstablished between the both of us.

After the release of the trunk box to you over there you will then open the box personally and send me and my sister money for our visa and ticket to come over to your country for the investment of this money I believe that as God lives you will not in any way sit on this money when you collect
it. On your interest of this proposal, firstly I will like you to send me your home address, personal phone and fax number.

I await your response thank you and may God bless you.

Best regards.

Rosmond Mendez.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Tom Cat

This is a BIG scam and an old one! They will get all of your personal info and rip you off big time! It could also be a way to try to launder illegal money. I would report this to a law official, just in case...I am not sure who to direct you to, though.

My hubby has gotten them sent to his company before, but I don't know how it was handled. It is always "Africa" and someone who has lots of money that needs a trustworthy person.

Report it or delete it and ignore it, but don't reply to it! PLEASE!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

ooooh I wasnt even thinking of giving them my details!
I know people on here pretty well and I wouldnt give them my address (Heck I havent even told you all my real name! lol)
I thought it was really weird, never had that before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
On your interest of this proposal, firstly I will like you to send me your home address, personal phone and fax number.
Quote:
You must bear in mind that the documents are with me and I will not hesitate to send them to you as soon as trust,confidence and good relationship is exstablished between the both of us.
Yikes!!! Here in the US we get warnings about this sort of thing every day.

An attempt to steal your identity and/or empty your bank account are the first two things that come to mind.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Tom Cat

I did a search for hoaxes under the name of the guy, and this is the first thing that came up:

http://www.hoaxbuster.com/hoaxteam/foru ... Mess=26091

It is primarily in French but there is some English translation, too. I believe this is in Hoaxbusters. Regardless...I am sure you are too smart to fall for anything along those lines. Unfortunately there are some pretty gullible people in this world
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Premier Cat

I get these all the time on my "freemail" addresses. Major scam!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Cool Cat

From
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stori ... 190&EDATE=

5. Nigerian Scams: There are several variations of this scam that, at its core, either informs the recipient that he/she is allegedly due a large sum of money or asks for their assistance with some form of illegal money laundering. The recipient either will be asked to provide money as "processing fees" or personal financial information to facilitate the transaction. These scams, which were more abundant last year, have reemerged in conjunction with the tsunami scams.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalensia
ooooh I wasnt even thinking of giving them my details!
I know people on here pretty well and I wouldnt give them my address (Heck I havent even told you all my real name! lol)
I thought it was really weird, never had that before.
Did you get this as a pm/email from "someone" on catforum, or just your outside email addy? Just curious. I get tons of junk (spam) mail in my "freemail" (hotmail) accounts, but from what you said here, I was wondering if it may have come to you via the forum. I hope not! Yikes!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Nah it was on my spam account (hotmail) I rarely check emails on there unless im expecting one. That address is my public on
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I got one too I can't be that trustworthy

It is a scam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page