Am I the only "Teenage Mother" here on Cat Forum? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Am I the only "Teenage Mother" here on Cat Forum?

Are there any other teenage mothers here?
I was 17 when my son Daniel was born.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 11:54 AM
Cat Addict

I feel 17...
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Tom Cat

I was 23 when I got pregnant with the twins, people consider that really young too

I had a friend get pregnant at 15, another at 17 and another at 18

Its hard for young mothers, they get looked down upon, which is very sad...

Its not only hard for the teenager but the parents too..All my friends where thrown out of the house when their parents found out...I have twin daughters and if one came home pregnant at a young age I would not know what to do, I would not throw them out, I know that...

Bless you Dawn..I know it must have been hard being a young mom...

Dont get me wrong I dont think its right for a teenager to get pregnant so young, but I am not one to talk, my grandmother had my mother when she was 18, and my mother had me when she was 21...

All my friends had it very hard being young and pregnant....

I dont know where to go with this...as its a touchy subject...

~*Monique*~ (Mom to many)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Banned

I am probably the oldest girl in my family without a kid - and I'm only 22
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Cat

I was 19 when I got pregnant with my first son. Then I waited until I was 26 before I had another. My husband and I always said we wanted 3 kids, but after the second came along, he was such a terror the first few years, we decided we had enough!! Now I just look forward to grandchildren (but not in the near future!).

Chris

Proud mother of 2 Human Boys and 1 Furry Female!
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Cat Addict

Well, I was 16 when my stepson was born, but I don't suppose that counts.
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 04:01 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I was 21 when I got pregnant for the first time. I had been trying for a year, so I was overjoyed!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

chris06516
I can relate to that chris.....I had Daniel at age 17 and Dakota was born when I was 27. Being a teenage Mother was mostly a wonderful experience for me, I did have a very supportive family that allowed us to live at home with them until I graduated High School. I was 1 of the lucky ones that was acccepted into a School for unwed Mothers. It was an amazing program! Then after I finished Cosmetology School and got my first job, I was out on my own with my young son.
I had such energy when I was a young Mom....I wish I had the same energy for my kids now! Sometimes I think I did a better job at parenting 20 years ago then I am doing now??? Here are some pictures
of pictures so they are kind of blurry. Nice memories!

Me and Daniel age 6 months.

Me and Daniel's 1st Birthday

Me and Daniel age 3 Christmas.

Me and Daniel age 5.
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_pen
I am probably the oldest girl in my family without a kid - and I'm only 22
Same with my family...I'm an "old maid." My mom and dad, brothers, uncles, grandparents (on mom's side) and most of those cousins were married or had children by the age of 20.

My brother John was a dad at the age of 15. His daughter is now 13. My maid of honor (yes, I picked my wedding party already) had a baby at 16, but she gave him up for adoption (open adoption, so she gets pictures and letters from the parents).

It was not uncommon where I grew up, in fact is was accepted. I remember when my other brother graduated, one girl didn't show up because she had given birth that morning and my mother was shocked to hear the principal congratulate the girl (I thought it was a sweet gesture).
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 08:25 PM
Tom Cat

I wish it would have been like that for my friends, sadly the 2 had to drop out of school because they where shunned for making a mistake, their parents where not excepting either

But I am proud of my friends, they have worked very hard to get where they are in life now, my friend who was 15 when she had her 1st child now has 9 children and owns her own business, along with running a dog rescue and caring for all of her children...

My friend who was 17, is now a teacher

And my friend who was 18 is a teacher also...

my friend who got pregnant at 18 grew up in a strict Mormon family, but they have come around and are now in her life which I am happy to hear that...

It makes you stronger as a parent and a person! That how I see it any way

And Dawn your son is such a handsome boy

~*Monique*~ (Mom to many)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page