Vasectomies ***update*** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Vasectomies ***update***

I have met a woman that I'm starting to get very serious with. She has a teenage daughter and does not want any more children. Neither do I and I am seriously considering a vasectomy.

I am about as squeamish as they get when it comes to stuff like that. I tried to do some reading on the subject on the computer but had to stop because I started getting lightheaded and shaky.

Any guys here that have had one? What can I expect? Is the recovery painful?

Needless to say I'm quite nervous about this and I was just wondering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 08:47 AM

Well I'm not a guy so I can't help you with the actual question.

The reason I replied is that I think you are an amazing man for even thinking about doing this. Most men are like WTH??

My brother in law gets his done on Dec 9th. I'll ask him what his doctor said about recovery time, etc. and let you know what I found out.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 12:56 PM

My dad had it done -- he was in and out that morning, and I remember him taking a day or two off of work...and he took baths to soothe the pain. But obviously I've never talked about it with him, my dad's not like that.

I was in the house the whole time, though, and never heard him complain or look in any obvious pain, minus limping around a bit. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
again.. i am not a guy, but 2 of my uncles have had it done. They said it wasn't much.. Just a couple days of recovery. I know my husband has already offered to have it done once we are finished having kids!

You are very sweet to even be thinking about it,.. it is a way less comlicated proceedure than a woman having her tubes tied. and yet so many men wont even think about it, and would rather put there partner thougha much worse procedure.

GL
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Cat Addict

One more non-male chiming in - we recently had dinner with a friend who'd just had it done... FOUR HOURS PRIOR. Very quick procedure. He was in pain, obviously, but he was able to be out and about nevertheless. I don't know what kind of recovery he was looking at, but I was amazed.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodeia
One more non-male chiming in - we recently had dinner with a friend who'd just had it done... FOUR HOURS PRIOR. Very quick procedure. He was in pain, obviously, but he was able to be out and about nevertheless. I don't know what kind of recovery he was looking at, but I was amazed.

WTH? There is NO excuse for a doctor to let a patient be in pain. I mean, there ARE pain killing drugs out there!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
Quote:

WTH? There is NO excuse for a doctor to let a patient be in pain. I mean, there ARE pain killing drugs out there!
Alot of people can't take, or don't take pain pills. I have had a number of sugeries over the years and outside if what they give during the procedure, i've never taken a pain pill stronger than advil.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
also,, alot of pain pills can make you sleepy, or non functioning.. and still not take away all of the pain...
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 04:44 PM

my dad had one a couple years back and he was in and out in a couple hours and home relaxin on the couch feelin peachy with his painkillers. two tiny incisions that dissapear when they heal. said going to the dentist is worse
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2005, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
Quote:

A lot of pain pills dull the pain but don't completely get rid of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page