Sasha.. we are having some problems.. help please? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Sasha.. we are having some problems.. help please?

ok.. she is a great doggy.. absoluty wonderful, however she is having tons of accidents. I take her out about once an hour or so.. and she goes everytime. And can't seem to make it though the night without pooping or peeing.

She also threw up 2 time this monring.

What is going on?

also, we have some questions about her "heat cycle" and where she may be in it..

anyone know of a good dog forum? or a good info site?

Any help would be great!

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 PM

The throwing up could be a sign of nervousness or food, did she drink a lot of water and then throw up?

The not making it through the night, is she eating or drinking before you all go to bed? If she isnt it just might be that she has to go out during the night also..I am guessing she was in a shelter? And if she was she is use to going whenever she wants..I would say take her out before you go to bed...My g-parents have 2 Jack RUssells and they still dont make it through the night..my g-mom lets them out around 12 midnight..and then they are sometimes good for the night, but they have had accidents...

The other thing you could do is crate her at night until she gets used to being with you...

I hope all works out...She is really cute
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

she wasn't from a shelter.. she is a breeders dog who was going to be brought to shelter is not adopted. She doesn't eat right before bed, and not alot of water either.

I took her out last night at 1:30 am.. then i got up at 8:30 this morning to taker her out again, and she has already pooped.

We have been crating her when we go out, and i think she even peed in the crate yesterday. i couln't really tell cause also spilled the water so it the blanket was all wet and i didn't smell pee.. but she smelled like pee last night..

I just don't know what to do. I have to call the vet monday anyway. to try and get her spayed. but i am just worried about her...

the throw up was yellowish. and no food.. just liquid.. poor little baby! she did not drink alot of water right before either..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:31 PM

The yellowish vomit sounds like bile from her stomach...Did you get any info from the breeder, on why she was taking her to the shelter...Or any info at all on the dog? I know that sometimes they dont get all that information either, because the previous owner doesnt want to give it up...

I think calling the vet is a good idea...Although it could just be nerves, but it is better to be safe then sorry...I wish you good luck, because she looks like a really sweet dog, and she is sooooo darned cute!

Is the crate small? Just enough room for her to turn around and lay down? I know it sounds cruel but it isnt, we did that when we crate trained our akita, he had enough room, but dogs will not "go" where they sleep or lay...As long as its small enough....

Again I hope its nothing serious...Let us know when ya get back from the vet...
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

the crate is small. just enough room for some water and a blanket to lay on..
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Senior Cat

Something that worked well for my aunt who used to breed JRTs is puppy pads. Right by the back door. If you know of a heathcare place that sells the hospital version of these that would be better. Training your baby to go there when she can't get out is a much better solution than finding it elsewhere.

These are the ones she used:
Training pads
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:43 PM

My dogs would vomit bile frequently. We have them on a super premium food but it didn't seem to matter.

They woudl always vomit in the morning. It's kind of like acid reflux. They are hungry and making themselves sick, basically.

We started adding yogurt to their food (just plain) and feeding them closer to 12 hours apart with some snacks inbetween. Snacks are anything to dog treats, veggies, or fruits. Healthy things.

The potty issues could be a bladder infection or just a small dog thing! Remember, small dog, small bladder. Our Chinese Cresteds can't 'hold it' like our German Shepherds can. No where close. So during the day or when we are not home, I have a potty pad (like you would use for training a puppy) down for them. It works great and I don't have to clean anything up, just the pad and throw it away! I'd also take the water out of the crate.

I'll PM you with a dog forum because I do'nt know if there are any rules about putting other sites up here....even though it's dogs and has nothing to do with cats.....but who knows!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:43 PM

Hee hee....Lenore and I posted at the same time! So there's a link for pads!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Cat

That's too funny!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page