Are there any largemouth Bass fisherpersone here? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:12 PM

Are there any largemouth Bass fisherpersone here?

My abiding passion(well, one of them ) is fishing for l/m Bass here in middle GA. I fish only in small waters out of a 10'x4' plastic boat, using only artificial lures. I practise "catch, photograph, and release". No problem with anyone that keep's a few, especially the smaller ones for eating but I won't be bothered with the cleaning, etc.

Here are a few pics of some of my catches:

4 lber

5+

Miccosukee jacket

Hope to hear from some other Bassers

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Cat Addict

Those are some nice sized fish. We have a few large mouth bass up in Michigan but small mouths are more common. I've had good luck in morning and early afternoon hours with a buzzbait. You will always catch one or two nice sized ones at dusk if you put a big night crawler on a hook. (Not to mention some panfish in the process.)

I love to fish for Northern Pike, they're abundant here and the fight like the devil. Little Cleos, Daredevils, and Mepps work best around these parts.

I, too, am a catch, photograph, and release fisherman. I'm not big on eating fish to begin with, and bass and pike are not known to be very tasty. I like Perch and Walleye but I don't often fish for them.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Nice fish!

I used to work for the fisheries dept of the WI DNR, so I can appreciate fish! I've done my share of survey shocking! Which is very cool by the way.

My mom's boyfriend is a musky guide. Those are a little too big for me though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 09:39 PM
Cool Cat

My husband and brother are both big into bass fishing. I just sent this link with your pics to my husband.
I have gone a few times but I am not very good at it, even with DH's coaching. The largest I have caught is maybe 2 1/2 lb.
DH says "He has a nice pond to fish out of." I think he is suffering from pond envy.
Nice fish btw.
We don't usually keep fish either. However, the guys brought home a lot of white bass one time that were pretty good to eat. My husband caught a 14 lb catfish last time and he kept that. (Said he was excited right at first...thought it was a bass!)

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:00 AM

Those are some nice fish! I love to fish, but my dad isn't a fisher so I never get to do it, I have the patience for it too! . My dad's friend is a catch and release bass fisher, I never learned much from him though, as i'm never around him. Mainly around here it's mudcat. mudcat's a big thing out in the boondocks lol.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:37 AM

Wow, great pics!

I've only been fishing once...back in high school before Erik and I were dating, he took me fishing...and I was the only one to catch anything, AND he was so big he broke my rod! Well, Erik's rod. lol. We let him go.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:02 PM

I fish also but there is mainly perch here with alot of catfish and carps. There are many sheephead but by far the most popular are the Walleye and the sunfish. I don't eat the fish and always practise catch and release.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:12 PM

WOW! I did not expect so many replies to that post Thank's for looking. More fishing stories and fisherpersons than I expected too .

Here's a couple more pics:

4.3 lbs

Wet!

I had just fallen in the water before catching that Bass. See the little dock behind me? As I was leaning over to fill a cooler with water(to transport some maller Bass to another pond near there), I toppled in and landed right on the top of my head :rolleyes: . I hate cold weather and it was 45 degrees that AM but I stayed and caught 5 or 6 from the bank.

5 lbs

Those were caught out of my branch manager's farm pond located inbetween Ft. Valley and Marshaville, GA.

my little pond boat

my current Personal Best Bass

Dan
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:28 PM

I fish too...Although I do fresh water fish, but I love saltwater too..

Here I am with a Striped Bass
[img][/img]

And last mothers day I caught a nice rainbow..
[img][/img]

I am mainly a catch and release..But these two where very good eating...

Forgot to add, nice fish ya got there sir
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 07:32 AM

Great catches Monique! Altough 'freshwater' stripers are found in bigger bodies of water near here, I've never hooked one. They are one heck of a fighting fish for sure

(I love alliteration )

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page