ladies, make-up search - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

ladies, make-up search

Alright, I have like two eyelashes per an eye and the mascara that I use does nothing for them. Right now I'm using Maybelline, which I settled for when I couldn't find something that I liked. What mascara do you use?
The problem I have is that I want to look like I have fuller and...well, more lashes than I have naturally. Right now when I put any mascara on it just makes the few that I do have dark and pronounced, and that just exaggerates the fact that I don't have feathery, full lashes like the mascara models. I just want the perfect mascara, is that so hard to find?

PS I only use concealer and lip gloss for my routine so I can spend a little more on mascara, and I would rather stay away from artificial lashes. Thanks.

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 01:56 PM

I use Mabelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Mascara. I LOVE it, it makes my lashes look so long, and the mini-brush helps you get every lash.

I'm a blonde so my lashes aren't that dark -- so one tip: ALWAYS buy "very black" or the blackest black they have -- it makes your lashes look longer and darker and accents them.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:06 PM

I use lancome eye mascara - not sure which type (Since I don't have it on me at the moment). It is the newest one - and it makes your eye lashes nice and long. ^_^ I like it because my eyes are very sensitive - and I believe all of their eye makeup is optometrist (sp?) approved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 02:16 PM

Physicians Formula is also a good brand for those with sensitive eyes/skin.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Tom Cat

Although I am a avid Mary Kay user.... EVERYTHING I have is Mary Kay... I am not too fond on their mascara. I am way too picky. I've only tried 3 different types and so far, I like Covergurl's waterproof mascara. I have thin thin hair overall. I don't know what it's called, it comes in a silver round tube with a blueish-teal top.

Black makes your eye lashes look long. If you are of fair tone and fair skin and you are able to wear brown, it will make your eye lashes look fuller. A lot of the topend makeup artists will suggest black on the top and brown on the bottom

Angie
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:08 PM

I've seen commercials for a mascara (can't remember the name OR brand, lol...I'll keep my eyes open for it again) that has two ends. You apply the white first to lengthen, then black to cover it. I wonder how that works, it has interested me.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 04:38 PM

The white-black combo is maybelline. I used it for awhile and really liked it. My observations, it looked really good using both ends, but about 8 hours later you had to re-apply the black. The white stuck, but not black? I ended up for daily basis using the mascara part and loved it. I switched to another maybelline one (I can't remember it's a long dark blue tube) and don't like it 1/2 as much, makes my eyelashes clumpy.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:13 PM

I use Cover girl Multiplying and i use N.Y.C. Waterproof mascara. I use both at the same time and it makes them look great! if i had a pic i would show ya, put the multiplying on first then the regular.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:41 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal211
I've seen commercials for a mascara (can't remember the name OR brand, lol...I'll keep my eyes open for it again) that has two ends. You apply the white first to lengthen, then black to cover it. I wonder how that works, it has interested me.
This is the one I use -- I like it so far, but I have long lashes to begin with, so I don't know if it helps with length. It is not clumpy and seems to last.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:25 PM

i found out soemthing about makeup..they say its a link to breast cancer in women! ive never been a huge makeup user, but its just a red flag went off when i saw this thread...not to mention, makeup does freaky stuff to your skin depending on what you use...just a warning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page