Ross Bay Cemetery pictures---Lots! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Ross Bay Cemetery pictures---Lots!

One of my local cemeteries, Ross Bay.

Pictures I took this morning....I wanted some good shots to frame.

My grandparents have lived right across the street from this beautiful cemetery since I was a very small girl. My Grandma always took us on walks through it when we were small , and I walk through it every weekend on my way to my Grandpa's house. My Grandma is buried there.

This grave marker is known as the blue angel because she was vandalized many years ago with blue spray paint. The cemetery society decided to let nature take its course and left the paint on her so that it could come off naturally. On my last guided ghost tour in the cemetery (she is one of the stops) they said probably in another 25 years she will be a lot more back to normal .

She is my favourite grave marking in the cemetery!!!

I am framing the next three shots....

This marker is a nun, she is in an area where a lot of nuns are buried. She has a scary face so no pics of that!

Another angel, but it is VERY tall so really hard to get shots of

This one is of a woman, same thing way too tall to get good shots of.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:30 PM

Thank you for showing wonderful pictures of my home town. I love ross bay cemetary and every new snow in the winter we go for walks through it.

where abouts is the nuns burial grounds anyway. i cant seem to find it anywhere when my hubby and i go to look for it
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:30 PM

beautiful shots you have there, I love cemeteries, especially ones with such beautifuls markers as those you have...they would great in Black and white too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow771
where abouts is the nuns burial grounds anyway. i cant seem to find it anywhere when my hubby and i go to look for it
If you are facing the blue angel the nun's area is behind you and a bit to the left....look for a statue of a white nun, they are spread around there. There is a little area where all the markers are boxed in....there are a lot of nuns/priests buried there.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:05 PM

Wow, I like the angel foot picture. They're all great, but that one is my favorite. Too cool!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:23 PM

its really cool...feet are nasty, doncha think? heheh, well, i really like those pictures...i wish i could go places, but i live in a really crappy area, theres nothing nice here, lol...i wanna live in a forest...

but anyhow, those pictures are awesome pawsome.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Cat Addict

Those are indeed beautiful pictures....my tastes lean more toward re-discovering the forgotten....

Some of you might remember, in 1970 a man named John Prine sang a song called "Paradise"

".....papa, won't you take me back to Muhlenburg county,
down by the Green River, where Paradise lays!
..Well I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking!
Mr. Peabody's coal train has hauled it away!"..........

This song was actually true, mostly. The town wasn't strip mined, but it was razed to build a giant electric generating plant. I went searching for Paradise, and on top a nearby hill, the only grove of trees standing for miles, surrounded the old Paradise Cemetary. As you can see, neither time nor the TVA have been kind to it.....

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 07:50 PM

I live right next to an old grave yard, with old, worn and unmarked graves of pioneers who settled the area over a hundred years ago...The quiet in a Grave yard is like know other.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Corry, nice photos! My favorite is the second photo from the top. Composition is excellent! It really grabbed my attention!

Keep up the good work!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaldjr1969
Corry, nice photos! My favorite is the second photo from the top. Composition is excellent! It really grabbed my attention!

Keep up the good work!
Thanks Donald. That one is my favourite too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page