Annoying Associates - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Annoying Associates

I am the supervisor of quite a few people at work. its retail so many of them are young, some very old. I'm having trouble not killing this one girl who is getting on my last nerve.

She is young, around 19. She is married (fine, I was married at that age too, i'm not gonna project my horrible experience onto her and assume she made the same mistake I made) and in general a nice person. The problem i'm having is this: She thinks she is pregnant. Normally this wouldn't affect me at all. The thing is, she has told me she has taken 8 pregnancy tests over the course of 2 months and all came back negative. She also says the doctors won't x-ray her to see if she really is pregnant because if she is, it might hurt the baby. THEN she says that she has had many many miscarriages. And after all that she refuses to lift anything that "Might be" anywhere near 10lbs or above.

Ok so...having used those pregnancy tests before, I know they are 99% correct, and I also know that even if the doctors didnt want to perform even 1 x-ray (which would almost definately not hurt the baby) they could do an ultrasound. I don't want to be a b*tch, but I don't believe she is pregnant at all, nor do I believe she has gone to as many doctors appointments as she says she has. When asked what her doctors name was and where he was located she said she couldn't remember. I am having to get the other associates to do her work for her on the off chance that she really IS pregnant and is telling the truth. She also asks to go to the bathroom every half an hour. We have an 8 month pregnant woman working there who only asks about once a day, sometimes she doesn't ask at all because everyone gets 3 breaks a day spaced evenly throughout the shift.

Am I being a total b*tch or are my suspicions relevant?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 12:53 PM

If I were you I would ask for an excuse from a doctor stating that she should be on light duty. I think it's fair given that she's been telling you this story for some time now.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Cool Cat

yep, tell her she has to have a doctor's note. That's always been the requirement anywhere I have worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:11 PM

Definitely, tell her you need proof to keep her on light duty because it's not fair to everyone else...if someone had a back issue, you'd have a require a doctors note, too, wouldn't you?

I agree with you on the pregnancy stuff...and even if they didn't do the x-ray, the blood tests are more accurate than the ones you get at home...I don't buy it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 01:24 PM

I would require a notice from a Doctor that you could verify (not just take the note for face value) and if she cannot produce one, or if there is enough evidence that she may have gone since you last brough it up, but not before as she has claimed, I would put her out on the curb extreamly quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page