Practical Gifts - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Practical Gifts

When me and Thomas started going out, I always got him unpractical gifts. Like a huge teddy bear the size of a human, junky stuff, etc. He said one time "This is not practical, what am I going to do with this huge bear?"

Ever since then, I changed. I always think "Is this practical, can he use it?" I do that with my family too. I guess it's good b/c people like practical gifts.

Does everyone else give alot of useless gifts or more practical ones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 PM

Practical. I really take the time to think of what they would want. I try to start getting clues as early as possible. I personally am all about functionality. Like my boyfriend's aunt has these decorative hand towels in the bathroom that you are not supposed to use. Whats up with that????

I think a lot of what you see in the trash or the salvation army are gifts that were appreciated but unwanted. Seems like a waste of money to me.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:48 PM

I try to think practical. If I can't find a practical gift for someone then they usually wind up with a gift card.

I should take the gift card route on everyone this year...it'd be sooo much easier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Tom Cat

I always go with the practical ones.. but sometimes goes with impractical one if it has some sentimental value to it.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murried2

I should take the gift card route on everyone this year...it'd be sooo much easier.
Money is better! I know people say money is inpersonal, but it's more useful! It can be used anywhere, not just one store.

I do enjoy the practical gifts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 PM

I definitely give practical ones...and I do have some fun, pointless ones...but only when they're accompanied by practical ones.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM
Quote:
Originally Posted by murried2

Money is better! I know people say money is inpersonal, but it's more useful! It can be used anywhere, not just one store.

I do enjoy the practical gifts.
You can get those Visa/Mastercard gift cards as an alternative to cash.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 10:38 PM

Practical. we get things we need and often get them before christmas...lol...if we need em we get em early. hubby doesnt know but hes getting a compressor for christmas that he can use with his pnumatic nail guns and tools and even his airbrush
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badet
I always go with the practical ones.. but sometimes goes with impractical one if it has some sentimental value to it.
That is the same thing I do.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 09:12 AM

kitkat I was the same way with my fiance. Finally after our THIRD Valentines together he told me that he'd rather have somthing he can use than somthing sentimental. I've been trying to get creative to combine the two though. For Valentines last year I bought a battery-powered alarm clock and I put a picture of me on the face of it. I decorated the numbers with cute stickers and stuff. He really liked it cause it was somthing he uses every day, and it has my picture on it.
Now if I could only dream up more cool stuff like that,lol.

For other people I usually try to get practical gifts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page