Christmas Cards - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Christmas Cards

Ok, so I bought some photo Christmas cards last year when everything was 75% off and dug them out today -- instead of sending out pics of Joel and me, I thought I would send out a photo of my kitties. Is that too out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

Why would it be "out there?" People with kids and pets include the pets all the time. If you don't have any kids, why not just the pets? Sounds like a perfectly good idea to me!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 PM

My Christmas cards every year are of my cats dressed up. We took the pictures today and I'll be working on them next week, I'll post them when I'm done...they're always way too cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Everyone knows I'm crazy about the kitties -- I've just never received a card with only someone's animals in the picture, so I didn't know if people sent those types of cards or not!

Crystal, how do you get your cats to dress up?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Premier Cat

I think it is an adorable idea. For years I have been wanting to send out a picture of my husband and I with Velvet in our Christmas cards. No one would be surprised, they know Velvet is our baby.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippyhart
Everyone knows I'm crazy about the kitties -- I've just never received a card with only someone's animals in the picture, so I didn't know if people sent those types of cards or not!

Crystal, how do you get your cats to dress up?
lol...they hate me for it. Tink is Santa this year with a jacket and hat, and the others are reindeer with little bonnets on that have antlers. We put it on and Erik holds them and I take the shots...then I work Photoshop magic.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Oh, I see -- it is forced dress-up. Hehe!

I bought these cute antlers at Target last year for the kitties -- you'd think it was a noose the way they were acting when I put it on them. Couldn't they just pretend to tolerate it until I get a picture???
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Banned

Katie, that would NOT be "out there" at all! It would be a nice change of pace. Just go to the card sections at stores and take a note of how many holiday cards have animal photographs on the front. I would go for it! Plus, it can also be taken as a greeting from the cats as well.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippyhart
Oh, I see -- it is forced dress-up. Hehe!

I bought these cute antlers at Target last year for the kitties -- you'd think it was a noose the way they were acting when I put it on them. Couldn't they just pretend to tolerate it until I get a picture???
I had the same issue last year -- I ended up just taking a picture of the antlers and photoshopping them on the cats.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2005, 08:52 PM

This was my 2003 Christmas card image...Erik held them up and we put large santa hats on them...too cute.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page