Entry 12 2 5.56%
Entry 13 4 11.11%
Entry 14 4 11.11%
Entry 15 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

~Best Black -n- White~ VOTE POLL *String 2

*Socond String Vote Poll is up for 5 days, until Friday...

*Second String....The top 3 photo's will be chosen for a final vote thread. Vote for your favorite!

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5

Entry 6

Entry 7

Entry 8

Entry 9

Entry 10

Entry 11

Entry 12

Entry 13

Entry 14

Entry 15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Here we go again..... Can I be HONEST for a second here? If I am being honest, I love a lot of the pictures EXCEPT the way they are cropped. Most if not all of the pictures are cropped to have the subject matter in the CENTER of the picture which is a real no no composition wise.

See Here:

http://www.azuswebworks.com/photography/ph_comp.html

And Here:

http://photoinf.com/General/Cub_Kahn...otography.html

I feel that if you read the above articles and then re-crop those pictures to reflect that advice you'll have some reall winners.

Ciao!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Cool Cat

In reference to mine (the wedding picture) I know that it is cropped kinda weird, but I had to do that. On my hubby's left side, his tux blended in with my brother's tux in the background and so it made his left side look like it extended way far out (making him look huge )....so I cropped it even though I didn't really like the outcome as much.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Oh Gee.....thanks for the tip!

Maybe next time around....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:38 PM

HAHA! You should have known the locals would get restless, Clint! Now, to defend my own image...it's not cropped...the only photoshopping that was done to it was to make it black and white. The image is how it was taken exactly.

But I won't say which one was mine. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky
HAHA! You should have known the locals would get restless, Clint! Now, to defend my own image...it's not cropped...the only photoshopping that was done to it was to make it black and white. The image is how it was taken exactly.

But I won't say which one was mine. You'll have to figure that one out for yourself.
The point is to learn from those of us doing this for a long long time so that some day you can enjoy the fact that your picture won first place or is on the cover of a magazine. I come from the OLD SCHOOL where most if not all of my cropping is done in the camera when I take the photograph. This is not to say that cropping later is less effective or wrong but rather it teaches you to get the most from what you have to work with. When you had to PAY A LOT for film you had to make sure each shot counted, it was different than today where you can just deleted the picture and take another one.

In many ways, film is better at teaching because you appreciate the fact that you have a limited amount of exposures and you strive to make the most of those exposures. I am not bashing anyone’s work but rather trying to inspire you to take better pictures.

Ciao!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsworld
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

The point is to learn from those of us doing this for a long long time so that some day you can enjoy the fact that your picture won first place or is on the cover of a magazine. I come from the OLD SCHOOL where most if not all of my cropping is done in the camera when I take the photograph. This is not to say that cropping later is less effective or wrong but rather it teaches you to get the most from what you have to work with. When you had to PAY A LOT for film you had to make sure each shot counted, it was different than today where you can just deleted the picture and take another one.

In many ways, film is better at teaching because you appreciate the fact that you have a limited amount of exposures and you strive to make the most of those exposures. I am not bashing anyone’s work but rather trying to inspire you to take better pictures.

Ciao!
Don't worry, I knew what you were getting at. I was just giving you a hard time.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Cool Cat

I did skim those articles and I got a lot out of that moutain picture with the curvy road. The vertical picture looked so much nicer although I know that had I been the one taking the picture, I would have done it horizontal! So I did learn something new.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:30 PM

My point exactly!........Learn a little about composition and your pictures will shine.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

My point is I cant stop wondering why you didnt mention all of this during the submission thread.....
No-one can change their entries at this point!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page