Sick :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Sick :(

I just got over being sick and now I think I'm getting sick again.
I went to work Saturday (I work in a hospital) and later that night I started getting a stomach ache. I ended up with vomiting and diarrhea most of the night. I stayed home from work Sunday... I felt bad because no one really calls in on a weekend but I really could not come in. I stayed home Monday also just to be safe.
I went back to work today and found out that one of my co-workers who I worked with on Saturday (who sat near me also) had pretty much the exact same symptoms as me during the exact same timeframe. She somehow came to work on Sunday and Monday though. Anyway, I went back to work today and sat in the same spot that I did Saturday. Well now I'm home and I have a stomach ache again just like I did Saturday before I got sick. Ugh...I don't want to be sick again. I have not eaten anything for dinner just in case. It just seems like maybe I am catching something from my work? It seems like a stomach virus but maybe it could be something else?! Our ventilation system is not really equipped for as many people as they have crammed in the lab and they are not excactly concerned about the employees. I heard there was something or other leaking in there causing some sort of problem that they would not fix and a guy had coughing and lung problems...the employee doctor told him it was not work related.
I don't really want to even go in tomorrow but I guess I will unless I start vomiting again.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Cool Cat

Hope you are feeling better soon!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2005, 11:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so sorry you have been sick, Shannon. There's nothing worse than a digestive upset! I hope you're soon feeling well.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 05:03 AM

I'm sorry you are not feeling well. A nasty stomach bug has been going around here this week too. I know of 8 people who all have/had it around the same time. some of them co-workers and their children, friends etc. Maybe somehow it spread from VT to Texas? Who knows but we definately have it here. I just hope I am not next.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 08:56 AM

I had something similar on Monday afternoon. I was fine by bedtime (well, sore and pained from all the upchucking). I thought I had just eaten something weird. *shrug*

I hope you feel better though!!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 10:49 AM

I thought I had the flu yesterday - stomach ache/pains/sickness, body aches, etc. I'm feeling better today, though. Maybe the day of rest is what I needed - that and the excess of Thera-flu.

I felt like I should have been in the bathroom as you were. Luckily for me, it didn't go that way.

I'm sorry to hear you are ill, especially since you were responsible and stayed home.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 02:29 PM

I hear you...I've got what I think is the flu right now. When Erik was here for Thanksgiving I was really cold and shivering and curled under the covers and couldn't get warm, and I had body aches...and now I'm full-out sick with a head cold and everything. Ugh. I picked up some medicine today after barely making it through one of my final critiques, hopefully I'll get rid of it soon.

*Hugs* Hope you feel better.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I had been sick most of this semester.

I don't know why. I don't remember ever been sick before for the last ten years.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I stayed home today and went to the doctor since I am still having stomach pains. They pretty much just told me it was the virus coming back. I didn't really want to go to the doctor but since I have been out for 3 days I have to have a doctor's note for work. It's stupid...I feel like I have just spent $25 to be able to use a day of my sick time. (You also cannot use sick time until you have used two days of vacation time.)
At least I did not start throwing up again.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 04:51 PM

I'm sick right now also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page