Who Are You More Like? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Are You More Like Your Mom Or Your Dad?
Mom 15 35.71%
Dad 16 38.10%
Other.... 11 26.19%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Who Are You More Like?

Mom or Dad?

I'm more like my dad. I always knew it but realized when I visited my mom how she said alot of things I do are like my dad and I look more like my dad. I resemble my mom a little bit too but it's mostly dad's side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:26 PM

I would say I'm more like my mom than my dad, but you certainly can see some of my dad's behaviors in me as well...just more so of my mom. Then of course a big part of who I am is individual to just me.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I have a lot of my mother's traits. I love children, I'm sentimental, generous, like to write poetry, musical, sensitive, and like my father I am honest and outspoken, love to read and learn . Both loved animals. I also had an exciting life, as he did. However my father had quite a temper, and....enough said. Obviously I keep that under wraps, so don't tell anyone!

And like TxnKats, there is a large portion that is just "Jeanie." In fact, I think it's amazing how different my beliefs are about certain things...and I seem to have been born that way. I think many traits are inborn, nature, not nurture.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Cool Cat

I think I am more like my mom. She has a more introverted personality and my dad will talk to anyone. I definately do not have his extroverted personality! For looks, I am told I look most like my paternal grandfather's side of the family.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Premier Cat

I look like my dad's side of the family and tend to share more of my father's traits. But as several have said, a lot of what I am didn't come from either parent.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:47 PM

I've been told I look like my mom, which I can see in my facial expressions...but I have my dad's nose. And my mom and my sisters dye their hair and have really blonde hair...I hate dying and I have darker hair like my dad (a golden brown).

I also act a lot more like my dad...more logical and level-headed.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Cat Addict

I had to vote other....and don't know what other I have very little in common with my family. I love them, but a sunday afternoon visit twice a month and a few phonecalls is more than enough.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Cat Addict

I am DEFINITELY my father's daughter! My looks come from him (except for the red hair which comes from my mom's side) and I most certainly picked up a lot of his personality traits.

I, like my dad, an very impatient and don't like to be told I'm wrong about something (stubborn GERMAN!) but at the same time I am a softy for certain things - animals, babies - just to name a couple. I also "stick to my guns" on certain issues I feel strongly about (won't get into those here ) and I won't let people push me around or try to weasel me into volunteering for jobs just because no one else wants them. That has my mother written all over it! Everyone knows she doesn't know how to say "no" so she gets used all the time.

The personality traits that I picked up from my mom are that I like to talk a lot and I'm very picky about the organization of certain things. I'm also known for having a lot of common sense like my mom. My mom is also an big-time animal lover, especially cats!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I am the only real animal lover in my family. Of course I have alot of me in my personality but I can be real stubborn and hot headed at times just like my dad.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-05-2005, 12:25 AM
Cat Addict

I'm really not like either of my parents. Which is a good thing, in my opinion. I love my parents and all, but I see serious flaws in the way they do things. Sometimes I wonder why I turned out so different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page