working out - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

working out

Just curious as to who else is a work-out nut. I know I am. I've been sick for a week and the first thing I did when I got better was go to the gym! Anyway, I'm looking for a good fitness forum. I usually go to John Stone Fitness Forum (which is a great and supportive site), but I'm looking for one that's more for women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:05 PM

I love working out and belong to a few taebo boards.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Cool Cat

I stopped thinking of it as working out and now call it "Preventive Medicine".

Light and easy, just do something, except when I am better condition then I push a little more.

The winter calls for indoor cadiovascular stuff and them machines hurt knees and backs so about 6 to 12 minutes with light weightlifting just so I don't suffer much muscluar degeneration or that other word I can't say, athropy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:46 PM

I love working out.

30 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical and a handful of sets on the vertical bench press and the butterfly. its a good all over workout. i wouldnt be able to live without the elliptical tho
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 08:01 PM

I HATE working out! I'm convinced the "high" people get is actually lack of oxygen to the brain
Luckily I have 2 dogs that give me a pouty look if I try to skip their daily 3-mile walk! I do enjoy that once I get out though.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
I HATE working out! I'm convinced the "high" people get is actually lack of oxygen to the brain
Luckily I have 2 dogs that give me a pouty look if I try to skip their daily 3-mile walk! I do enjoy that once I get out though.
I'm that way too I couldn't do a regular exercise machine, I have to go running or walking with my dogs.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Raiynee22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
I'm that way too I couldn't do a regular exercise machine, I have to go running or walking with my dogs.
I'm with you on the machines -- they bore me and I lose interest. Tae bo is fun for me because I get to jump all over the place and it makes me push myself so much, it's a hard workout.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

i'm easily bored with machines too, but since i live in a bad part of san francisco, i have no choice but to use the gym in our building. i use the elliptical 4x a week, and lift weights.

crystal,
how did you get into tae bo? do you take classes? and how are the work outs on your knees? i have bad knees, but i'm looking for something to supplement my cardio workouts. i can't use the elliptical forever!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:18 AM

I work out for an hour, 5 times a week. I really enjoy it. My friends and I joined a gym together so we go after work. It's something that I look forward to all day long.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal4ever0407
crystal,
how did you get into tae bo? do you take classes? and how are the work outs on your knees? i have bad knees, but i'm looking for something to supplement my cardio workouts. i can't use the elliptical forever!
I randomly picked up one of the DVDs at Wal-Mart one day...and I was hooked.

I ended up purchasing the Boot Camp series, and I have the first two that I bought from Wal-Mart, Cardio Circuit 1 & 2. I would recommend those last two for beginners, it teaches you all the moves. I used those two for the first few months of my workouts and lost a good 15 pounds. You can find them on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... o&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... o&n=507846

These go over all the basic moves on tae bo -- if you don't like them, don't waste your time and money on the others.

I have HORRIBLE knees -- I fractured one years back and now I can't run for long periods of time on it, and the other one is messed up, it's been knocked out of place a few times...and I've found that tae bo has actually strengthened them in a way. The way you stand for certain moves puts all the weights on your quads so there's no pain at all once you master it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page