Bad hotel experience. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Bad hotel experience.

I went to Walpole Mass. this past weekend with my boyfriend for one of his speedskating meets. We stayed at the Radisson Hotel in Brockton. We picked the place because of proximity and amneties. Well we get there and the Sauna, Jacuzzi, and one of the exercise machines (there were only 4 to begin with) were all out of order. The pool was open but only for 2 hours due to a wedding reception. The ice machine on the first floor was broken. The vending machines were only 1/2 stocked. The room next door ordered room service and left their dishes and tray out in the hallway after they finished. It was 2 hours before anyone picked it up. The hallways were frigid. Even on the second floor where there were no doors leading to the outside. The people at the desk were not very cheery. The hotel info binder in our room gave a menu for the breakfast which was either the buffet for 7.95 or a la carte stuff like omelets, pancakes etc. We decided since we were there already and couldn't waste time finding a place for breakfast we would just eat the food there. Well we get to the hotel resturant and they have the buffet out which consisted of 5 items and were going to charge us 8.95...not the 7.95 listed. That is a whole lot of money for a dinky buffet. We asked about the ala carte stuff and they said they didnt' have any of those items..only the buffet. so we left.

I wrote an email to Radisson Customer Service. they responded back promptly. I even got a call from the hotel manager. Then today someone called saying the refunded my room. So I guess I have a little renewed faith in them but really it was a miserable stay. For some reason I am feeling a little bad right now. I hate complaining about bad service because I work in retail and know how it feels to be on the other end but I just felt it necessary. Feeling guilty though for some reason. I go and make a stink and then I totally wimp out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 04:56 PM

Re: Bad hotel experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitu22
I wrote an email to Radisson Customer Service. they responded back promptly. I even got a call from the hotel manager. Then today someone called saying the refunded my room. So I guess I have a little renewed faith in them but really it was a miserable stay. For some reason I am feeling a little bad right now...Feeling guilty though for some reason. I go and make a stink and then I totally wimp out.
Never feel bad about complaining. They did a crummy job and deserved to be called on it. That's not your fault.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:11 PM

I always feel bad about complaining, too, but since you chose it partly for the amenities you deserved to have those amenities.

How did BF do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 05:23 PM

Don't feel bad. You paid for those services and calling their attention to the list of things missing can only help them to better serve future customers.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:07 PM

Don't feel bad at all! You deserve great service, that's what you're paying them for.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I know....I didn't even ask for any compensation. All I said was to please address my concerns (fix what was out of order etc.).

Quote:
How did BF do?
My boyfriend did pretty well at his meet. He placed 3rd in his class. U.S. Speedskating encompasses anywhere from the olympic athlete to the 5 year old skater. The meets have a broad range of talent. It was a really good meet. The club hosting it was really nice and they made it a lot of fun. Unfortunately my boyfriend doesn't belong to a club as most of these people do. Speedskating in VT has gone out of style. There used to be the Green Mountain Speedskating club but it is now defunct. He is trying to get the club back together but it is difficult because there are people interested but they are all over the state so it's hard to get everyone together at the same time/same day..and ice time is so limited. as it is Sean practices by himself Tues. and Thurs. and we were making a 2 hour drive one way to Lake Placid NY so he could practice with the club there...they also have a former olympian who does the coaching. However they cancelled that due to the fact that the olympic oval is open now. It really stinks. Anyways....sorry for the rant.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Banned

You did the right thing complaining. Management probably doesn't realize service has gone down the tubes unless guests squawk. I'm glad they gave a refund. Radissons are usually pretty decent hotels. I'm sure they don't want their reputation tarnished.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page