Speaking of Cable--Dish or Cable? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: If you have pay TV, do you prefer cable or dish?
Cable 12 66.67%
Dish 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Speaking of Cable--Dish or Cable?

I am so tired of the cable company raising prices and reducing service. Has anyone tried a dish? Which do you prefer and why?

Which gave you more for the money?

If you have a dish, is it dependable?

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 PM

Sorry, no opinion on "dishes" as we've never had one. We enjoy Cox Cable both for our TVs and its internet product.

Dan
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I also enjoy Cox cable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:25 PM

I chose cable because satellite Internet isn't nearly as reliable as cable. I don't have a landline phone connection either. Also, with a dish, you don't get local channels. *shrug*
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Banned

I prefer cable for the reliability and high-speed internet. However, if the difference in cost gets much greater, I may look into satellite. But only if local channels are offered in this area.

Time-Warner went up 5% for the new year. Which is a modest increase for them.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'll say that's modest! Our cable went up 20% last year, so I gave up digital cable. That kept my bill only a bit more than it had been with digital. I could get more channels plus local for less money, but the cable company keeps telling us a dish is not dependable.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 09:03 PM

I prefer the dish because its rarely out and the cost is less for my husbands movie channels that he loves. And besides the cable company in are area have a bad history with us. They tried to say that we stole their equipment when we moved from one apartment to another though we had paperwork showing the equipment was to move with us because we could use the same service in the new apartment. Lets just say they heard my not so nice customer service voice and I wrote the better business people and the company manager.....though the better business just said they would look into it and the company manager never wrote back! So we've been with the dish for 2 yrs now and we love it. too bad dish internet is so expensive (well getting the dish for the internet is-$600.00 but per month its 55.00) or we'd have that too!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Cat Addict

No television at all here, and I can't recommend it enough. I was mortified when we first ditched it, but I can't imagine it any other way now.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 09:18 PM

Definitely Cable... more channels, more reliable and the same price as dish up here.

We had a problem with dish because of a huge tree (belonging to our neighbours) that blocked the dish so we had to put it on the roof which required permission... and even then it was out a bit and once we have a little bad weather - no TV at all.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Cat Addict

Are you kidding? In this part of the country, cable is something that you jump-start the neighbors car with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page