Problems connecting tv to DVD player FIXED - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Problems connecting tv to DVD player FIXED

Ok I am feeling very stupid right now

I am normally pretty savy when It comes to connecting stuff but for the life of me I cannot make my dvd player work.

It came with a set of three colour coded plugs, three into the back of the tv, three into the back of the dvd player. (And the power cable of course)

I know the ones into the back of the dvd player are in right because there is only one possible spot for them to go (it is all colour coded).

I am pretty certain that the audio ones (white and red) for the back of the tv are in right too. The third one, the yellow plug, can go into one of two different video spots. But no matter what one it is in there is nothing! All I get is a blue screen and no audio. The dvd player has power and says it is playing.

I know that was probably a horrible description but does anyone have any ideas?

My parents gave me the tv, it has had a dvd player plugged into it before, it is only a few years old. From looking at the pics in the manual I cannot figure out why it is not working

It has made me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Tom Cat

Is there an option on your TV that says "GAME" or "VIDEO" or something similar? I have to hit GAME to switch my tv over to DVD and then after i'm done i hit channel return.

I know sometimes dvd players aren't compatible with older tv's but you say yours isnt too old. Possible you may need one of those adapters..

Try the game/video button your tv after you plug it in.

Good luck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:13 PM
Banned

Corry, how many sets of yellow, red, and white plugs combined are on the back? My 1999 Panasonic TV has two sets and they are all lined up. So you want to make sure you do not have the audio cables connect to, say, Video 1 with the yellow video cable is connected to Video 2.

When you are watching TV, does your remote have a button to switch between video inputs? I know that with my DVD player, VCR, and game systems, I have to select Video 1 or Video 2 on the source selector. But when I watch TV, it is set to tuner, antenna, or whatever it is called.

Does this help you at all?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Banned

Do you have another TV with video/audio input jacks you can try it with? Do you have another video/audio patch cable you can try it with?

Sorry, without knowing any particulars that's about all I can come up with.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank You ally, Don, and Tim!!

For some reason my tv remote wasn't allowing me to switch the input to video, so I did it manually with the menu buton on the front of the tv and success!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

Heh heh ... if it's not one thing, it's another!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page