Best Part of Christmas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Best Part of Christmas

I want to start a post where every tells the happiest Christmas memory from this year. I had a great time and although I was happy a lot of the time, here is mine:
It was pretty warm outside (70s?) and I was at my Grandma's house with my husband, my younger brother, my brother's girlfriend and two cousins that I only see once a year. All of us played outside for hours playing frisbee, soccer, croquet (we found an old set in the storage building) and bucky ball. It was so much to just laugh and play with my family. And what can I say, we are easily amused...we had a blast trying to throw a croquet ball into a trashcan that was propped inside a huge bush.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 08:56 AM

My best moment was actually sitting around the table with my boyfriend, his father, and step mother and talking about our lives...what we have been doing, how we feel about the world, political issues, spirituality. The most meaningful point though was when his father asked how my mom was doing. My mom is an alcoholic and he is a recovered alcoholic. I have spoken to him before about it. I shared some pretty upsetting/intense new stories with him and then he went on to talk about his road to recovery and he actually broke down crying. He made me feel a lot better and it felt really good to know that his father was able to share that with us and he felt comfortable enough around me to cry. I saw sean and his father hugging in the hallway later and it's wonderful to see how close they have gotten. For a while they were so distant and really didnt' know anything about each other. It was all so wonderful...It brought tears to my eyes. The whole discussion made me feel so close to sean too. He is such a beautiful and wonderful person and I feel sooo fortunate to have him in my life.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 10:23 AM

Kris That's a real nice story and almost the same as mine except it's my sister who's a alcoholic. Glad thing are working out OK for your Mom. I see that your from Burlington Vermont and I lived in Vermont about 45 years ago and was wondering if you've heard of a little town called Craftsberry Common? Had alot of fun there when I was in my teens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 01:18 PM

Hello Mr. Kind. I have not heard of craftsberry common. I have only been here for 3 years so there is still much to see and do. I used to live in Malone NY actually. Where is Auburn, NY?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 02:28 PM

Auburn is 25 miles west of Syracuse and about 40 miles East of Rochester. Right in the middle of the finger lakes area. I live on the North side of Owasco Lake. Nice country. My wife and I are thinking of moving to Cody, Wyoming in the near future.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:24 PM

I have two:

Sitting around the dinner table at my grandmother's house just laughing and joking with everyone. The food wasn't that great, but we were all having a great time.

Helping my dad -- he has his own business and uses QuickBooks. My sister took his computer to clean it off and backed up the shortcut on the desktop (duh...), NOT the company file and he lost EVERYTHING. Erik and I helped him set up his company two Christmases ago...and we spent two extra days in Cleveland helping him restore as much as we could and getting his computer set up again (this guy my sister took the computer to completely messed it up...then my dad took it to Best Buy for them to look at it and they added to the mess). He was so genuinely happy...I couldn't have been more happy leaving their house seeing my dad happy, playing solitaire on his computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page