Some Largemouth Bass pics from the South - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:23 PM

Some Largemouth Bass pics from the South

It's been a while since I felt the 'tug' of a Bass on my line. Been skunked the last 5 or 6 times out but the new year started off OK. No big ones but 4 keepers and 3 dinks.

Missed a pitched jig Bass. Threw a Rogue and a 10" worm too but I didn't get another bite until I got to the little cove and then they started picking up Fish-n-Fool's Jerk-n-Fool's bait in dark, watermelon red on a weedless 3/0 Gammy, wacky-rigged. I dipped in CB's Hawg Sauce too although the bait comes smelling of anise/licorice oil which smells great to me but I wanted the 'insurance' of CB's sauce too. Btw, I never had to change that bait in fact, it's still good for a few more Bass.

Only fished for about two and a half hours as it started to rain at 2:30 PM. Was a warm(60s) but overcast day with just a little wind at my boss's pond today.

First one

Same

Second one

Same

Third one

Same--check the bait

Fourth one

Same

Btw, I release all the bigger Bass after I photograph them. I've caught the same Bass from time-to-time including one 6 lber that I caught three different times over 3 or 4 months. I 'mark' them so I'll know if it's a 're-catch'.

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
How do you cook a bass? Do you fry it? Do you steam it? Do you bake it? Do you stuff it with ginger and smoke it? I have never had bass but I imagine it would be tasty.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:01 PM

From one fisherman to another, how I wish I was done South fishing for some of those "HOGS", the 10lbs. and over. I live on Owasco Lake, one of the finger lakes and have pulled many 4-5lbs. small mouths out. The largest large mouth I've caught is 6Lbs.4oz. fron Cayuga lake, another finger lake. I have mounted on my wall, a 5Lb. small mouth that I caught a few year back. Looks like your having alot of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Bass recipes

I havn't eaten any Bass in a long time but here's a neat 'deal'; Don't scale it but SKIN it with an electric knife. Fillet it and the guts, backbone, head, etc all stay connected and there's no mess, no scales. Removing the skin will make the fillets more tasty as the shin has a lot of oil in it and may make the fillets taste 'muddy' if you just scale it.

Mr. Kind: "4-5 lb smallies" are huge from what I've read but I've never been fishing where they are found. I just fish in 'small' waters; the biggest being a 104 acre public lake.

And since you're interested in Bass, here are some more pics of ones I've caught:

Check out the Mouse!

I'll throw in a Crappie for 'kicks'

5+ lber

Funny looking but effective bait

Bluegill....bait!

Cow pond Bass

Here are the cows

Last one...for now

Dan
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 04:24 PM

Some beautiful fish. I use a texas rig mostly in the early part of season for smallies. When it's warmer and the temperature of the lake is in the low 70's, I switch to poppers or stick baits or whatever I can get through the weeds. Just curious on how you posted your pictures?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 08:34 PM

There are usually two ways to post pics.

As an Image:

Or as a Link.

For either, you must have your pics on your hard disk and then you must load them into a host server. I use Photobucket and love its features and ease of use. It's free .

To create an Image, left-click on your pic(on PB) to enlarge it. Now right-click on the pic itself. A pop-up appears with a URL addy in it. Highlight the URL and "Copy" it. Go to your post and left-click where you want the Image to appear. Now left-click on [img](it's%20in%20a%20'box'%20above)%20that%20is%20abov e%20the%20Message%20body.%20%20[img]%20will%20appear%20and%20then%20you%20right-click%20on%20"Paste".%20%20The%20last%20step%20is% 20to%20left-click%20on%20[Img]%20again%20and[/img] will appear and so will your pic when you hit "Preview" to check it or "Submit" to post it.

To create a Link, left-click on your pic(on PB) to enlarge it as you did for Image but now you highlight the URL addy in your "Address" bar. Go to your post, left-click where you want the link to appear. Now left-click on the 'box' that has URL underlined which is next to the Img 'box'. A http://will appear.You now hit your ...s will appear: and you're finished. Preview it to be sure you did it correctly and then hit "Submit".

Whew! I'se tired .
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
When I tried to make my fiance take up fishing, he was totally freaked out by how long it took them to die after we gutted them. We got sunfish which stays alive FOREVER.

We never went fishing again

I love fishing. I just can't seem to make it economically worthwhile. Perhaps if I don't have to pay for a fishing licence it would be more worthwhile, but now I just can't afford it. I used to fish so my cats can eat yummy fish guts. Now I just buy cheap canned fish guts (salmon cat food).

My fiance, however, wouldn't hurt a thing (LITERALLY). Everytime there is a bug in his apartment he puts it gently in a cup and releases it outside. If I don't know him I would have assumed he is Buddhist (he also don't eat a lot of meat like Americans do)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:43 PM
ZAR
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
How do you cook a bass? Do you fry it? Do you steam it? Do you bake it? Do you stuff it with ginger and smoke it? I have never had bass but I imagine it would be tasty.
I've never cooked or had Bass aswell..

-HEYHWA
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 12:53 PM

Mr. Kind: Where are you................ ?

Dan
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 04:18 PM

Hi Dan Sorry about that but was working on my 37 chevy street rod truck last night. Thanks for the advice on pictures. Will give it a try tonight when the wife gets home. Keep waiting for some real cold weather for our lake to freeze so we can get some ice fishing done. Caught about 300 perch last year and have eaten just about all of them. Nothing sweeter than perch except maybe walleys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page