Always 11 26.83%
Sometimes 25 60.98%
I don't drive. 4 9.76%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Do you speed?

I know some people only speed for a certain reason while others speed under any circumstances. There are also those who never speed.

Which are you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 04:42 AM
ZAR
Cool Cat

To young to drive.

-HEYHWA
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 05:07 AM

I voted sometimes. I think that people who never speed at all, can sometimes be as dangerous as those that speed all the time. I speed when it is necessary and safer than not doing. Otherwise general day to day driving I try my hardest to adhere to the limits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 05:42 AM

I voted always...I am not sure if when you say "speed" if it means really pushing the envelope or just going a few miles over the speed limit. I would say I am always going at least 3-5 miles over the speed limit in residential areas and about 10 miles on the highway. Except for a few times when I have been to Connecticut or Mass. If you are not speeding you are getting runover more or less. I tried to go a reasonable speed on their highway and I was going even 15 miles over the speed limit and everyone was passing me! I think I was causing a traffic problem going as "slow" as I was.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Premier Cat

In american you guys have 55mph speed limit right?

We have 70 here on duel carrage ways and motorways unless otherwise stated.
In built up areas the speed limit is 30 again unless otherwise stated.

In 30mph I go over a little if its a main road. If its in housing areas I always stick to it cause of kids etc. On the bypass I usually always stick to 70, Sometimes I hit 80 going downhill cause I dont notice lol, I think once I hit 90 and that was scarey enough for me.

I dont think I could handle being on the auotbahn where there is no limit.
What I always love is your driving along at 70, and a police car passes you pretty fast, without any lights on or anything ;p

I voted sometimes.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:50 AM

In Michigan -- we don't call it speeding -- we call it keeping with the flow of traffic.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:08 AM

Zal, the federal limit was set at 55mph, but most states mandate their own speeds. For example, US Highways tend to be around 70mph whereas state highways around 55-65mph in Indiana.

Indiana recently upped most of the highways in the state (US and state) by 5mph. I-65 in Indiana used to be 65mph, but now it's 70mph. I used to do 75mph when it was only 65...I still do 75mph even though the speed limit has been upped.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent
In Michigan -- we don't call it speeding -- we call it keeping with the flow of traffic.
Same here.

I almost always go 5 mph over the limit if conditions allow. And still that's not quite keeping up with the flow most of the time.

It used to be that police would stop for speeding if a driver was going more than 5 mph over. Now it's more than 10 mph over (on controlled access roadways.)
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:51 AM

I voted sometimes because I, too, always go about 5-8 over in city limits and 8 over on the highway.

I won't do more than that, though, because I don't want a ticket. I haven't had a speeding ticket in 7 or 8 years. And insurance on my car is WAY cheap because of it! I'm not going to mess that up. Plus, I like to brag to DH about how I don't get speeding tickets.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Cat Addict

I often go between 3 - 5 miles over, but almost never more than that. I notice that whenever I have Dominic in the car, I'm much more careful. I've pulled over to let a tailgater pass me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page