Leader of lib dems an alcoholic - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Leader of lib dems an alcoholic

Its just hit the news here that the leader of the Lib Dems is an alcoholic. A news paper found it out and put it all over the front page.

All of his so called party want him out. So called friend of his here in Truro has stabbed him in the back for it. Personally its put my opinion of the lib dems even worse. They would never get my vote after stabbing their own leader in the back.
Rather than shoo him off, have nothing to do with him I think they should be supporting him and helping him get through it. Imagine what it will do to him if they force him out.

Full story is here-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4587076.stm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
I totally agree Zal, meanwhile George Galloway abandons his duties as an MP to take part in celebrity Big Brother! What is the world of politics coming to. The Lib Dem party have shown themselves to be complete dinosaurs by not supporting their leader with something that is becoming increasingly common in society.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:28 PM

And here I thought from your title, this was a thread on teddy kennedy

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:08 AM

I think I disagree. I don't think he is being stabbed in the back, I think the whole issue his party has now is that Kennedy lied about this for months, when he had numerous oppertunities to admit his problem. It is the lying that is the problem...how can you trust your party leader when he has denied having such a problem in the past? I'm a lib dem supporter, but if it came to it and he was still the leader at the next election, I wouldn't vote for him, not because he was an alcoholic, but because he ran the whole of the last election campaign lying and decieving his supporters.

Good on him for finally admitting it...I just don't think he is up to the job. He should go gracefully now and give someone else the oppertunity.

Also there are only 11 members out of the party that have so far shown a 'no confidence' in him, so it's hardly a reflection on the party as a whole.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Cool Cat

I would observe the fella is on the mend, and deserve a chance for redemption.

It's the one's that you don't know or hear about that one should be wondering about.

Quote:
thought from your title, this was a thread on teddy kennedy
Has this fella stopped drinking yet?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
He has been "dry" for two months reports are saying...

However, it looks like he has been forced to resign - a statement is being made at 1500 GMT. It is a shame, but I do hope they find a leader who will carry on the good work he has done in the past. The Lib Dems were just starting to become a threat to the Conservatives and the Labour party.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:05 PM

His "claim to fame" NOT!

"Has this fella stopped drinking yet?"

In a word, no.

Dan
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Cat Addict

lightnin - I am very confused by that post, could you explain please?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:12 PM

I'm confused as well Lightening rod

Anyway looks like they managed to get rid of him. I think its made the Liberal Democrats look bad that theyve forced a man out with an illness (yes alcoholim is an illness) which he was getting treatment for. They have had my vote in the past but this fiasco means they wont get it again. I'm quite disgusted with the parties attitude and actions.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 PM

He's a well known, heavy drinker and a "liberal" here in the US's Senate.

His drinking and lack of courage caused the death of that innocent woman yet he get's re-elected term after term.

I apologize for my thread-jack as I knew y'all were referring to a UK politician but re-read my first post as it led to the one above along with this question:

"Has this fella stopped drinking yet?"

Sorry for the confusin .

Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page