Manhattan - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Manhattan

My dh and I did a long day in NY last week. I finally got to visit the Chrysler Bldg., St. Patrick's Cathedral, Empire State Bldg. and many department store holiday windows. Let me tell you the city was mobbed with happy tourists. NYs were friendly, the police were helpful and polite, and the city was clean. We traveled around via the subway and I didn't find it the least bit intimidating. We ended the day at the Stage Deli. I ordered the Howard Stern sandwich which was brisket and corned beef on rye with a glass of Manhattan brew. There is so much to see, if we can hack the heat we'll do it again in August/September.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Premier Cat

My bf really wants to take me to New York. I haven't been since I was a baby so that doesn't really count. He keeps saying I'll love it there. It sounds really fun
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:25 PM

I lived in NYC from 66 -68 when I got out of the service, but haven't been back since. I enjoyed it but had to go to Central Park to see grass and trees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Senior Cat

Reprot,

I grew up in NY and my advice is this. Don't waste you time trying to go all the way up the Statue of Liberty! She is best viewed from afar. Climbing the stairs takes FOREVER and there's nothing to look at on the way up. It's boring and exhausting. You be much better served to go to Ellis Island. It's so interesting and it will get you out of the heat for a while. And do try to go to the museums there if you have time. Reserve a day each trip to one museum (2-3 if it's the Metropolitan Museum of Art). I promise you it will be worth it. I took Jason and he couldn't believe how big they were compared to the ones here in DFW.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I bet the after-Christmas sales would be amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page