Evil sil rant - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Evil sil rant

Possibly some may recall that we have been taking care of my mil for the last 7 years by some of my posts. Three of those years she was living with us. Mil is now in a nursing home. The whole thing happend after mil took a tumble day after Thanksgiving. She went from the hospital to rehab then on to the nursing home. My sil lives 20 miles from mil and has seen her 7 times in the last seven years. Here's the kick. She visited her own mother 1 time in the hospital and that has been it. My dh refuses to pick up the phone if she calls for the mil. She is trying to make it seem as though she doesn't know her mother is not at home. She speaks regularly to her cousins and I am sure they have informed her.
There is a birthday party for one of the cousins this coming Sunday. She and her husband will be there. I feel like giving her a piece of my mind, but of course I'll have to keep my mouth shut. I feel such anger towards her. What an uppity snot she is. Can you imagine doing this to your own mother? When mil did get to see her she never said a word about her absence, yet we were dog doo. Actually it is a good thing it's on Sunday, cause if it were Friday or Saturday I might have a cocktail and not care what I say. Thanks for the vent. Maybe I've said too much already.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 05:31 PM

Go ahead and vent...I don't mind. Sounds like a pretty yucky situation. Some people are just sooo....errrr...can't say it on here. You are a saint for taking care of your MIL for so long. Don't let anyone tell you or make you feel otherwise.

My sister actually reminds me of your SIL. She calls my mom very rarely. Whereas I talk to her once or twice a week. I go and visit much more often too.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 05:39 PM

Well my personal opinion is that if you don't talk to your parents that much, sometimes it can be a blessing...it depends on your situation.

But in your situation, that's horrible...what a piece of trash. I WOULD give her a piece of my mind...I'd be so angry in that position that I wouldn't even care. Good luck...and if you do say something...ooooh weeeell...

She deserves it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 02:20 PM

That sounds like a truly frustrating situation
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
Personally, I haven't talk to my own parents for awhile. I want to call them quite often but everytime I am about to call them I couldn't find anything to say to them.

So I would probably be more lenient about people who don't talk to their parents.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 04:03 PM

We went through something similar but I don't blame my family. I helped take care of my Grandmother for about a year while I was there. I did physical therapy with her, took her potty, she stayed at my house every weekend to give mom a brake, etc. Noone likes her in the family because she is so mean and stuck up. Just a mean old woman. She lost her mind and is still quite mean but not as bad. For some reason, the seizures improved her somewhat. NOONE has EVER visited her OR called her up from the family. My wealthy aunt sends her money on the stipulation she doesn't have to talk to her. My grandmother decided she didn't have the time for a child and sent her to live elsewhere to grow up but still expected her to love my grandmother. My grandmother had many BF's and traveled etc. She also was married about 17 times to many different men but sometimes remarrying the same man more than once. She remarried again after my grandfather and her were devorced but after my grandfather died, she decided she was a widow and collected his Social Security. She's now in a nursing home alone and I dred her call, I'm on speed dial. My mother visits almost every day. My grandmother is perturbed at her because she put her in the home, but as I see it she didn't have a choice. My grandmother would wake up at 3 am and want to get up for the day, etc. Mom is diabetic and stress raises her blood sugar and she was becomming ill. She lost all the home care and paid about $1500 out of pocket for meds and adult diapers, she just couldn't do it. But I do see your point. It upsets mom something awful that noone visits my grandmother but her and I'm sure I will be forced to visit when I get back in town.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page