My new foster! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

My new foster!

She's a dog.....so that's why I put her in here!

She just came up from Texas and he name is Polly. She's 8 or so years old and heartworm positive. She's been treated once before and it didn't work. So she was treated again and we have to retest in a month or so. Cross your fingers!

She's a sweet girl, but wasn't getting along with her old foster mom's son. So she needs to be placed in a home with no children or children over 16.

She's terrified of the cats! It's funny, my cats are so laid back to dogs coming in and out of the house (we foster frequently). So they just pretty much ignore them. But she won't leave a room if a cat is sitting in front of the doorway! Now bring another cat in, and all H*ll breaks loose in the household!

She's overweight, but will be a very tiny girl once she trims down. She's 12 pounds now and I'm guess she'll be only 8 or 9 pounds. When you see her head next to Tater's (my 10.4 pound male), you can see how tiny hers looks compared to his. And it's not all his hair, either.....it's his muzzle shape and everything! lol

Introcuing Polly!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Wow, she cute. But ya she should be 8 or 9 lbs.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ's Mom
Wow, she cute. But ya she should be 8 or 9 lbs.
I know....she's a little chunk - O - love!

I buy 12 month kid t-shirts and just alter them for the dogs (as you can see in the picture).

Well, I have quite a few that I still need to sew and I'm glad that I didn't yet! The ones that I have already sewn are a little 'snug' on her!! lol. So she had to wear a regular one that I didn't fix up yet! But she's a little girl so she won't pee pee on it like the boys would!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:34 PM

Cute! a Chinese crested,right ?Some folks think they are ugly, But to me they are adorable!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

You are right. A Chinese Crested.

And I think it's rude for people to come up and say, "Wow, your dog is ugly." don't you?

I'm getting T-shirts made for them that say, "No, YOU'RE ugly!"

I think that says it all, right?

I mean I would NEVER go up to someone who had a child and say, "Dang, you're kid got beat by the ugly stick." Well, these are my children and I think they are beautiful!

There have been so many people who haven't liked them based on apperance only, but after spending 2 minutes in a room with them they fall in love. You can't help it. They just have this way about them. They are very endearing and just full of life and personality!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 AM

OMG - she is a little sweetheart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page