Date Ideas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:44 AM

Date Ideas

I need ideas for dates. My husband and I are dating again (each other) and I can't think of things for us to do other than the movies, bowling, and going out to eat.

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:10 PM

Is the weather nice where you are? If so you could go for a lovely walk and take a basket of food. If not, I still like the idea of a walk, in a forest or national park or something. When me and my partner started dating after a break up, I made sure we did things that we'd never done before, so we went out for the day to the peak district and climed a (small) mountain! I'll think about this over dinner and if I have any more ideas I'll post them.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
An annual membership for an arboretum costs about $65. It includes unlimited visits for two people, free parking space, and 10% off giftshops. The one in Dallas has millions of tulips blooming right now, and gift shops are always delightful.

I hope there is an arboretum in your area. Picnics right now would be delightful and a preventive measure for SAD (seasonal affective disorder)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 12:36 PM

If you're in NoVA how about some museum trips to DC? I heard Spy Museum is cool. How about date at National Zoo or maybe to the Baltimore Aquarium?
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:03 PM

I'm in SW VA, otherwise the Zoo date sounds awesome! The weather here is okay...some days it's nice but on others it's miserably cold.

The Barter Theater is up the road from us and we both enjoy seeing plays, but it gets so expensive. And it usually has to be something we can do on a Friday or Saturday nite (he usually works Saturdays).

Those are great ideas guys!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Senior Cat

ok, do you have a fireplace?

if so, on the really cold days, you could make a picnic at the fireplace. Sometimes the simple things are the most fun
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:50 PM

Go to a museum like the Art museum! They usually have GREAT travelling exhibits!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Cool Cat

Ice skating, indoor rock climbing, play games....

From About.com....
Date Ideas
Have a date, but can't think of a date idea? These twenty ideas should provide all the ammunition you need to plan something special.
1. Play miniature golf
2. Roast marshmallows and make smores
3. Visit a carnival or festival
4. Go disco bowling
5. Watch the sunrise or sunset together
6. Read a book aloud together
7. Take a pottery class
8. Buy the ingredients to make an ice cream sundae, and create it together
9. Go to a comedy club
10. Visit a museum
11. Ascend to the top of the highest building in town
12. Make a picnic in the park
13. Go sightseeing in your own city
14. Attend a sporting event
15. Rent canoes and paddle around the nearest lake
16. Take a cooking class together
17. Go to the zoo
18. Play a board game
19. Bake cookies together
20. Drive to a nearby town you have never visited before

Here are some more.....
http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/dateideas.shtml
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 08:51 AM
Premier Cat

So many great ideas here...

My favorites are:

hiking in the woods and a mountaintop picnic lunch
a visit to a quiet park or beach
going to an art museum
attending the symphony

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 AM
Tom Cat

Take a class or two together Exploring something new together would be a lot of fun, even if you don't end up liking the actual activity, you'll end up laughing about the experience. Maybe ballroom or line dancing? An art or cooking class? Or maybe an intro class to a new sport... someone mentioned indoor climbing and I know here there is a fencing club that offers intro classes. For something less physical, check out lectures at local colleges. My mom has been going to a travel lecture series once a month that includes a lecture with slides about a location and then a "dinner" afterwards featuring food from the area. Last month was Israel. She's really enjoying it. What about starting a card club with another couple?

What ever you decide to do, I think it's great that you are trying to keep the spice in life!

Kel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page