I need a good vacuum!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

I need a good vacuum!!!!!

Ok, i am getting soo sick of going out buying cheeap ones, and then not being satisfied!!! My own fault i no, for buying cheapies!

What i need is something for the obvious.... CAT HAIR!
With four cats now, and me being a bit obsessed with vacuuming, i need something that will really pick up cat hair, on carpets and bare floor. My main problem is cat litter on my cheap carpets.. When i vacuum it just seems to move it around...

I like the stick vacs, because they seem to pick up more, and its quicker...

Someone told me fantom vacuums were good, but i am still undecided, that's why i am asking on here!

Any ideas, or just let me know what you use!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to TxnKats Send a message via MSN to TxnKats
A LOT of my friends with multiple cats (breeders, friends with lots of cats, etc. etc.) have a Dyson Animal and all love it and are amazed at just how much it sucks up.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Cat Addict

Go for a Dyson. Even if you don't go for the animal vac, all of their vacuums are really, really high quality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Banned

Wow, those look really, really good. And at $499, they should be.

That would well be worth saving for, in my opinion.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Jesus!!!.. $500 bucks!!! LOL the one i use now was $50 at most!!! HA HA!!!

Hmm.. Hmmm.. I am stumped...

Anything cheaper that works good, or even ok!!?
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:09 PM
Senior Cat

The Dyson Animal is absolutely THE BEST vacuum I have ever owned. I have previously had an Electrolux, Hoover, Kirby etc.
I love the versatility and it is amazing. I have terrible allergies and this is by far the best. I can't get over how often I have to empty the receptacle!
It is especially great at picking up all that scattered kitty litter in the bathroom everyday.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned

What's the life span on this vacuum? I'd hate to replace it every 2 years or so.

How much does the pet hair cleaner get clogged?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Cool Cat

Funny this topic should come up. Last night I bought a $300.00 canister (canister just happens to be my preference) from Sears. This afternoon I was telling a co-worker about my 23 lb canister and it just so happens she bought a Oreck last week, so I hot foots it over to the Oreck dealership and bought one this afternoon. I just finished vacuuming my bedroom rug, living room dining room and a few chairs. The Oreck does have great suction does a pretty good job of cleaning up pet hair, but the thing is LOUD. It feels like a doll toy, thus the eight lbs. It also came with a canister with a number of attachments that is very light and easy to carry around. Oreck also gives you a bonus with yur purchase, you can choose 1 of any five they offer. They have a 30 day trial period. I guess the only thing I can say bad about it is that it is loud. The Kenmore is going back, it's just too heavy for me to truck up and down the stairs.

Shari
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Cool Cat

My Papa made the obsevation on the cheaper models that some seem to have the same motor yet don't have the wide path,

point being with the narrow path the motor will have more vacuum power.

So, next one I get will be checked for motor size and path width.

There also maybe some design considerations. Good Luck, figured this maybe an option as you save for that Dyson.

I hate to mention it, but I just thought, hey check ebay. There's so many scams that go on that maybe just checking your local classified ads would probally be a healthier risk, and if you could get it at around $200, that could be palitable.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
As far as vacumms, I'm clueless on what to buy! The other suggestions seem like good ones so I'd check into it.

BUT,
Here is something for that litter tracking problem:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/P ... 002+113307

*~*~*Megan*~*~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page