Shaved my head today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Shaved my head today

It's funny leaving the house this morning I had no idea I'd be coming home with a bald head. lol My best pal who is also a co-worker was diagnosed with breast cancer in December. Nicole's had one breast removed and her first chemo treatment was two weeks ago. She's a sweet, gorgeous girl with long blonde hair. She's also a ballroom dancer so her hair was part of the costumn. The first time her hair was cut short she cried, now it's coming out by the handfuls. Well this morning she comes to my desk and tells me that she has to get her head shaved down. So I said **** I'll shave mine too. So in a show of solidarity I had the hairdresser shave me first. It was myself, Nicole and another pal. After that we went for lunch and the three of us sat and laughed at one another. Nicole gets her second treatment this friday. This is just the beginning for her. She may need to have her other breast removed based on some genetic testing. Nicole is only 35. We work in a small office and have been together for quite some time so we're like family. Nicole's being sick has affected the whole office. She is my hero, if my turn comes I hope I have her courage.

Shari
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:11 PM
Cool Cat

your friend is lucky to have such good people around her, I was just thinking about the exersize lady Susan Powters and how she was one of the first I can think of that got a buzz cut, good for you all, and best of wishes for your friend!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That was a very kind and understanding act.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:57 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
Your friend is lucky to have friends like you! That's so brave of you all...I wish your friend all the very best.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 05:56 AM
Cat Addict

That was awesome of you! It's great that she has such compassionate friends. Wishing your friend the best as well.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Premier Cat

Wow...that was a very cool thing to do. I'm sure it gave Nicole a tremendous boost and a way to laugh about all that is happening to her. You are a great friend, Reprot.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:18 AM

I'm sure she's thankful to have such a good and supportive friend during this rough time.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to ~dawn~
That was such a sweet gesture! I'd probably do it, but then again, I already have a short spikey 'do, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch for me anyway!

I'd bet you're gonna need some hats now!

dawn

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to BamMcg Send a message via MSN to BamMcg
You are so sweet and understanding. Cancer is scary. My Aunt just had her last chemo treatment. I had a neighbor who came down with a brain tumor at about 35 from aspestos in her house, they've since moved. Everyone on the street shaved their head for her and I remember how good it made her feel, better about herself, you know? That's a wonderful thing you did for her.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
That is so amazing. I don't know if I could have enough courage to do what you just did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page