Have you ever bought an infomercial product? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: Have you ever bought an infomercial product?
Yes, and I would again! 11 64.71%
Yes, but the product was not as advertised. Never again!! 1 5.88%
No, never have 4 23.53%
Other 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Have you ever bought an infomercial product?

My kids think infomercials are highly entertaining. They love the Magic Bullet and anything with Ron Popeil.

Just curious if anyone here has bought an infomercial product. If so, what did you get and would you recommend it?

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 11:27 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Have you ever bought an infomercial product?

Quote:
Just curious if anyone here has bought an infomercial product. If so, what did you get and would you recommend it?
I've only bought one infomercial product - The Pasta Pro. I loved it at first and used it a lot but it's found it's way to the back of my cupboards and hardly gets used anymore. Now that this thread has reminded me of that I should dig it up, wash it off and use it again.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Senior Cat

I have the GTXpress cooker thing. it's awesome and cooks single servings and cooks in under 10 minutes.

I WANT the magic bullet SO bad, next payday I'm getting one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
i want to buy a couple things but my grandfather bought the bullet through the infomercial, got charged for 2 bullets even tho they were the "2 for 1" special and only got ONE bullet in the mail. then they wouldnt let him return it and charged him for his call to the customer service desk for the company
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:29 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
Well i chose other because there have been several items we have bought that are on infomercials. the latest one is the ab loung 2. we found it at bj's and i know it used to be an infomercial. we have the always ready and no battery flashlights i've seen advertised. i'm sure there are other things too. most of the stuff is pretty good though i have no complaints!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Senior Cat

that's why I love the as seen of TV stores, they don't charge for shipping and handling
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:06 AM
Cat Addict

I ordered Pro-active once. I had struggled with bad acne since I was 13. A few years ago I was home sick one day and saw the infomercial and I was too sick to bother changing the channel so it just keep repeating itself for a few hours. so a week later I ended up ordering it. It said it was supposed to be good for any skin type blah blah blah. Well the stuff burned my skin. My skin felt like it was on fire/melting. So after about a week of attempting to use it I stopped and just threw the stuff away. Oddly enough about a year later my acne just finally cleared up on its own. About time since I was 24 when it happened. I still get the occasional pimple but I think it may have to do with age, less stress etc. that it finally cleared up. Also I have been using just olive oil soap and a mild moisturizer.

I used to be on topical and oral medicine prescribed by my dermatologist but I stopped using it because the topical oinments were no longer working. My skin got used to the medicine. The oral antibiotics made me feel sick to my stomach. anyways...I don't recommend Pro-active although I am sure it does work for some people.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Cool Cat

I nearly bought some kind of vitamin stuff that supposedly gives you all kind of engery. Yeah, it was 3 AM.
When we had our white elephant gift exhange for our Sunday school class, someone had brought the Magic Bullet and EVERYONE wanted it.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitu22
I used to be on topical and oral medicine prescribed by my dermatologist but I stopped using it because the topical oinments were no longer working. My skin got used to the medicine. The oral antibiotics made me feel sick to my stomach. anyways...I don't recommend Pro-active although I am sure it does work for some people.
My husband is almost 24 and he has been on oral antibiotics since he was a teen for bad acne. I hate the fact that he is still on them, but it is the only thing that keeps him from getting horrible acne. He already has one really bad scar on the side of his face.
He also uses topical benzyl perozide stuff but it doesn't even work all that great..he still gets more acne than a "typical" 23 year old. Not only that, but the medicine has bleached all my blue towels and sheets (there go our nice wedding gift towels).
I am just hoping he will eventually grow out of it? His skin is really oily and he supposedly inherited "crooked pores" from his mom.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to Argent Send a message via Yahoo to Argent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
I WANT the magic bullet SO bad, next payday I'm getting one
Not sure about in California -- but Target's here in Michigan carry the Magic Bullet

Paul, Owned and Operated by:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page