My Wedding Songs... too weird?? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

My Wedding Songs... too weird??

My fiance and I are big classic rock fans. We also want our songs to have lyrics (and we are doing away with "Here Comes the Bride - whatever the real name of it is...). So, some of our choices are:

Thank you - Led Zeppelin
You Take My Breath Away - Queen (minus the first 45 seconds or so)
Something in the Way She Moves - The Beatles
Sunshine - Nazareth
I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith (a newer song but they're my favorite!)
I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness (they are sooo Queen-like - the best band that has came out in the last decade - since GNR)
Sweet Child O' Mine - GNR (our song)

The Queen song (I think) we will play as our wedding party walks in, and the Nazareth song when I come in. I am also having a slideshow in the wedding while we light the unity candle with music playing then as well. Then we are going to release each pew one by one after we are married so that we get to speak to everyone - we will play "So Happy Together" - The Turtles and GNR while we do this. We aren't having a dance at the reception but will probably play music there as well...

My question is - is this going to be too informal for our wedding that is in all other respects extremely elegant. The music is "us" and I really don't want to let it go...

Also, are there any other Classic Rock love songs (I will settle for hair bands...) that you guys can think of that would be appropriate for the ceremony? Any suggestions??[/b]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 04:17 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
No! That's such a good idea to have songs that mean things to you as a couple! Sweet Child O Mine and Thank You....good choice!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 06:14 AM
Cat Addict

One of my favorite love songs is by Led Zeppelin - Fool in the rain. But it's a bit upbeat.

My fiance and I picked out our song: Come rain or come shine by B.B. King and Eric Clapton. It's not classic rock perse, it's blues, but might be better than hair bands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Cat

Personalized weddings are amazing and people truly appreciate the genuine touches. It allows you to express who you two are. You can always put notes in the program to let people know why you chose those songs.

On Oct. 1 I got married and we used "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as done by the Hawaiian singer Iz as our entry song People were smiling ear-to-ear b/c it was just perfect for Tim and me. It set the mood perfectly for our wedding.

You say revolution, I say jah. --O.A.R.

Dell and the two cats, Isabella and Hermione plus 5 amazing dogs
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
Cool Cool Cool!!!! your lineup sounds great!! At one of my friends wedding the groom picked Sweet Child O' Mine for him and his mother to dance too..........it was pretty funny because she had no idea who was singing and she seemed really embarrassed....there's more to that reason but the guests all knew and understood! I think I Don't Want To Miss A Thing is an awesome wedding song....a great ballad! Maybe pull a Bon Jovi? they have some very pretty love songs, I know they are a hair band but they have really been through it all.... "thank you for loving me" is a really sweet song. I do believe that its probably the only one though that really doesn't have a depressing begining though.... my mom would know more about them! just a suggestion! good luck with the rest of the planning!

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Cool Cat

Go for it!

Shari
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I think they are pretty "tame" in modern standards. It is definitely appropriate.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Yaaaay! Thank you guys for easing my mind. I was EXTREMELY worried about it. Lunarbishop - I had completely forgotten about Bon Jovi. They do have some pretty awesome ballads (I was always partial to "Always" )

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
"Always" is one of my favorite ones!!!! I recently had the priviledge to see them live for the first time!!! Lets just say that man has a great gift! I thought about mentioning "Always" but some of the lyrics are a little harsh but it is a beautiful song. I have an acoustic version of it and a non-released version! Between my mom, my aunt and I we have 3 copies of every cd including the 4 discs that were released in the collection. those cds are outstanding and i'm so glad that they finally gave the public the rest of the songs that didn't make the cut for the albums. *sorry i didn't mean to hijack the post about bon jovi! i just get carried away sometimes!*

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Of course you want songs and pieces that are meaningful to you. I would check with the pastor and the organist, however. Some organists will refuse to play certain pieces, even the traditional wedding march from Lohengrin. You will need to ask in advance, in case you need to find another organist or church. Good luck.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page