DDR anyone? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

DDR anyone?

I just got this today (I bought a used mat and game from Brandon's best friend for $10...I know, a great deal) and I LOVE it!! However, I was wondering if there is a decent mat out there (the one we got isn't TOO bad, but I'm sure we can find something a bit better) but for a good price. I'm thinking $50-75.

Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to KillerBlackCat06
WELL, if you're willing to shell out 300 bucks, you can get a hand built cobalt flux mat from cobaltflux.com or something. We have one here and I tell you it works great(but you need the proper adapter for your game system, so be ware!)

However, most of the mats below this are cheap and require lots of "creativity". We had the basic 30 mats, but when you get to harder songs, those mats can really muss things up.

Sorry I don't know more.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for one day
Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm really not willing to shell out that much money. Like I said in my previous post, I really only want to spend $50-75. My main issue is the thickness. I need a mat with a bit more padding than the one I currently have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
We have 2 solid plastic mats that weight about 15lbs each and are about 2 inches thick. they are about 3ftX3ft and have nice solid buttons for you to hop onto. you can put a great deal of weight behind your bouncing around too with no threat of breaking it.

I love DDR. we also constantly go downtown to use their machines and when Conan and i get going on the harder songs as a couple it attracts quite the attention.

Ill have to ask Conans uncle where he got those mats from for you
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
I love DDR! I just can't play it much in my new apartment until I get some kind of carpetting down so I don't slip and break my neck (needless to say, i don't have any fancy pads...)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Super Moderator

I love DDR too! Jade, my bf rigged up his own ddr board lol. He took a board and stapled on a computer chair mat on the underside of the board so it stays in place and then put the actually ddr mat on the front of the board and stapled a plastic floor runner over the mat. It's realllly durable and feels good on the feet. I wish I had a picture for you!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Jr. Cat

I am also a DDR maniac!! Love this game, haven't played it in about a year, though... gotta get back into it!

If you buy your vinyl mat at Electronics Boutique, you can purchase a warranty for $3 extra. Then, when the mat goes out (ALL vinyl mats will malfunction after about 3 months of heavy play), you take your receipt, the old mat and the original box, and they hand you a brand new mat, no questions asked. Purchase the warranty on the new mat, and the process continues.

Taping the mat down to a slightly larger piece of 1/2" - 3/4" MDF or plywood REALLY helps, too. Cuts down on the shuffling around, and over time, flattens the mat out so that it's easier to play on.

You can also make your own metal DDR pad - me and some friends did that one summer. It was fun, but a little expensive and it needed some tweaking to work properly. Here's some pics of our homemade pad:

http://www.winds.org/nekomi/ranting.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Cat

I am a blossoming DDR'er i'm already on Light Mode and diligently working my way up! ^_^

I LOVE DDR and i'm happy with the mats I get

It sucks living where I do T_T we're so poor

Tiger: ???-6/22/2007 R.I.P.

OWNED by Smara and Shadow

Avatar Caption: Everyone wants Kitten-Fu Fighting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page